• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Meatloaf BooH SACD Multichannel wanted

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Nephilim

Hi If anybody has this title Meatloaf Bat out of Hell SACD Multichannel version I would like to purchase it from you. A fair Price will be paid. I have looked on ebay but the only have the Stereo version for sale.. Amazon did not even have a listing for sale.

So what would you sell this title for??:sun

Well I'll say this disk is getting to be a lil more harder to find and if found very expensive :(

I saw a copy new unopened for 179.99$ USD Gulp!!, Is this really a Fair asking price or just a fleecing?? IF anyone hear had it what would you sell it too me for or what would be a fair Price for this title. I do NOT HAVE to have it I would just like to hear this Album in Surround.

Altho I hear it is NOT like to original, mixes are redone and little bit different. all in all I would still like to get a hold of this one ..

It's a shame they didn't delay this release by a few months as it may have become a very well received release!

Paradise by the Dashboard Light, Meatloaf's epic and probably best-known song was given a horrible re-record treatment due to the original multitrack tape having been destroyed in a fire at Todd Rundgren's studio. The re-recorded parts had mostly to do with the female parts and several overdubs. I would also like to point out that it is NOT the proper take of Meat's vocal either - it is an earlier attempt and differs in several spots. It's a piss-poor attempt if you ask me. Better than nothing, but hang on - it gets better.

Heaven Can Wait also suffers from the lack of a multitrack. Why it sounds so horrible I don't know. It is the stereo cut being processed by being played from the bottom of a pickle barrel.

The "oh f..." moment comes when several months AFTER the disc had been authored and released, a Safety Copy of the missing multitracks had been located.

$180 for this is outright rape. But I guess it depends on how bad you want it.

I guess there's an aspect to the album--if not the artist--that appeals to the eternal young, horny American teenage boy in all of us? Can't account for the mystique or continued popularity of this one in any other way. Strong, slick production, but it ain't great by any stretch, although as a basic rock album, it ain't bad, either.

Unfortunately, many multichannel titles are fetching big bucks these days because they're OOP, plain and simple, and for albums like this, and some others, there is, as I said, a mystique to them that pushes the price up even further.

Finally, the problems with the multitracks--or lack of them--wasn't realized until late into the project, by which time too much money had been spent on it, so it was decided to doctor a few tracks as best they could, such as that was. But most of the mixes are very good, and certainly, superior to anything on CHEAP THRILLS!

ED :)

Sorry I can't help you in your quest.... but I've got a couple of questions regarding "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" and "Heaven Can Wait":

Does the stereo SACD layer of the MCH disc use the original recording?

Also, does the stereo SACD disc use the original recording?

Thanks,
-Andy

I haven't looked lately, but there had been a dts-cd transfer floating around. If you can't find it, pm me. It's not hi-res, but it is very good and certainly better than paying that high price if all you want to do is enjoy the surround mix.

Despite the many legitimate negative points that have been made about this release, I really like it; the surround mix is generally very active and the sound quality is pretty good considering the age, etc.

I guess there's an aspect to the album--if not the artist--that appeals to the eternal young, horny American teenage boy in all of us? Can't account for the mystique or continued popularity of this one in any other way.
ED :)

You nailed it !

That is the only reason I was looking for it.

I never thought the music was that bad?? ?I still would like to get a hold of a copy for my collection.. I had some trouble with a linked site not going there to get it.. I looked around and had no luck finding this title DTS CD version??

I am half tempted to put in an offer for this title.. what would be a more than Fair Asking price for this title.. 80 bucks 100,, 50???? I surely am not gonna pay 170 for it..

A quick look on ebay for completed auctions gave:

$8 for the stereo only SACD
$51 for a used Stereo/MC (SACD only??)
I'm guessing, hang on and a cheaper copy than$170 will show up eventually.

A quick look on ebay for completed auctions gave:

$8 for the stereo only SACD
$51 for a used Stereo/MC (SACD only??)

I have the Stereo/MC Single Layer SACD (bought it on sale for 11 Euro one and a half years ago from jpc); I'm baffled that I finally bought something that went up in price afterwards... :D
I'm not too thrilled with the sonics, though... (but I'm not selling anyway...)
And sorry: jpc doesn't have it listed anymore either, I just checked.

Best regrads,
Oliver

I know how it goes, there's only one title I want and then I'm done buying DVD-A / SACDs.... at least for a while. :smokin

I would keep looking and wait for a price $50 and under. I've been looking for Bowie's "Reality" SACD for 3 years and although there have been opportunities over 50 bucks, I waited. I just bought a brand new Bowie's "Reality" SACD for $29.95 plus shipping at Amazon.com market place. You have to keep looking and bookmark your spots. You also have to ask the seller after you buy, is it really a SACD without raising suspicion that the seller can get more. For each person who really wants something, there's someone who could care less about it. So there's hope - and timing.

Very true. The $8 Stereo SACD BOFH is a bit of an oddity (should have been 20-30 easy). But it does happen. Also, people are always entering/exiting hobbies, and sometimes they just don't want to bother getting top dollar for every title they have. Or they see that SACD as just another cheap CD to off-load for a few bucks. I've found quite a few rare/oop at my local used CD stores for <$10.

I listen to everything I have at least once, so what I have is not sealed.I don't collect music I don't play often, so the copy I have has been played once.And I discovered I don't care for it that much,on the other hand if someone had an extra copy of The Captain and Me DVD-A maybe we could swap.

Well I put in my offer $50 for the 170 dollar BooH and was rejected. I dont see anyone or at least I hope nobody pays that much for it and he get stuck with it ;)

Still looking for this title??

I listen to everything I have at least once, so what I have is not sealed.I don't collect music I don't play often, so the copy I have has been played once.And I discovered I don't care for it that much,on the other hand if someone had an extra copy of The Captain and Me DVD-A maybe we could swap.

That would be a fair trade. Both equally rare.

Best of luck !

Hi, I had just bought Captain and Me as it was a lil easier to find are you still interested in trading??

If you want we can continue this in a PM??

Hi soesbeout,

Can you check your PM??

EDIT: Man I wish these Formats did Not go OOP :( :(

Back