Metal cassette tape with a metal shell only $149.99

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had some of these that were TDK MX Metal Cassettes that looked like little reel to reels when they played. I wonder if I have them laying around somewhere, untouched for decades. They did look cool spinning in the cassette player! :)

I bought one of these TDKs..The add for them in Stereo Review said something like ......the tape you would use to record Gods voice..The tape was quite heavy. I recorded MFSLs on it. I also bought a large number of the Teac Reel to Reel cassettes. I took them apart, put Maxell MA 46 minute tape on them and recorded MFSl records. Side a to side a and side b to side b (one MFSL per tape) I put the Teac reels in a very nice Cassette book called "Library of sound"which was made for storing cassettes. I remember butchering up a couple of the Teac reels doing this because it was tricky getting the reel pins out of the reel when changing the tape. The book had 11 Teacs and the one TDK Max-G tape inside. It sure looked impressive. I made one other "Library of sound" collection which I still have. This book has 12 MFSL cassettes in it. The stuff from the late 70s and early 80s was the best!! I still have 4 original teac reel cassettes, which go for big money on ebay. I like to "watch" my music as it plays (probably because I have ADD).

I bought one of these TDKs..The add for them in Stereo Review said something like ......the tape you would use to record Gods voice..The tape was quite heavy. I recorded MFSLs on it. I also bought a large number of the Teac Reel to Reel cassettes. I took them apart, put Maxell MA 46 minute tape on them and recorded MFSl records. Side a to side a and side b to side b (one MFSL per tape) I put the Teac reels in a very nice Cassette book called "Library of sound"which was made for storing cassettes. I remember butchering up a couple of the Teac reels doing this because it was tricky getting the reel pins out of the reel when changing the tape. The book had 11 Teacs and the one TDK Max-G tape inside. It sure looked impressive. I made one other "Library of sound" collection which I still have. This book has 12 MFSL cassettes in it. The stuff from the late 70s and early 80s was the best!! I still have 4 original teac reel cassettes, which go for big money on ebay. I like to "watch" my music as it plays (probably because I have ADD).

That's right, the TEAC tapes had the reels in them. My error. Still, very cool to watch in the player for an old reel guy. :)

Back