Missing DTS track

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eggplant

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
I own nearly every multi-channel pop DVD-A disc released. I do not have a true DVD-A player because it's too much of a pain to have both SACD and DVD-A right now (I'd need a receiver with two sets of analog 6-ch inputs or some other kluge). Therefore, it's important to me right now to be able to access the DTS tracks found on most DVD-A discs.

On at least two discs carrying the DTS logo, I've been unable to find the DTS tracks: America "Homecoming", and George Benson "Breezin'". Is this a bug, an incompatibility with my players (Sony NPV500 and 650), or just a mislabelling?

On a related note, all recent Silverline releases have apparently dropped the DTS track found on the first Inside the Music discs. If anyone cares.

Hello,

I just rec'd a long back-ordered DVD-A Inside the Music: New Wave (in the newer DVD-A case) and it has DTS. But then this is an older title from them...

My George Bensen DVD-A doesn't have a DTS logo (released before DTS track was commonly added) but..... it does have an amusing DOLBY B NR HX PRO logo on the back in place of Dolby Digital! Haven't got the America title (w/DTS logo) yet.

Cheap solution (warning: not for audio purists) to share 5.1 inputs = 3 input RS switchbox. I jump from DVD-A to SACD to 410 Soundcard (5.1 Acid/Vegas mixes) with minor effort. This will have to suffice until I buy a universal player or receiver with two sets of 5.1 inputs...

Tim (timbre4)

Most of these boxes pass all of the 25 pins through. If they don't, they pass the first seven. If you can make cables or get someone who is an electronics technician to make them for you, you can use the switchbox to switch multiple audio channels. They even have versions that accept more than two inputs. You will need a cable for each input, and one for the output. It's not fancy, but it will work. if the box goes bad, just throw it away and get another one. they're fairly cheap.

The Quadfather

What do I gain?

I made a wooden frame that keeps the 3 switchboxes together so the hassle ratio is already pretty low. If I have to make cables, pressing 3 buttons has a certain charm to it!

Thanks for the info.

Back