Music For Montserrat Live - Dolby Digital & DTS (1997)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in London. I got to see this show. The hall was electric. My date was Alan Parsons and i picked him up at Abbey Road. Wandered around Abbey Road, and hung out at the bar waiting for him. I do remember that day. I got to meet George Martin, and Carl Perkins.
It was at Royal Albert Hall and was a Royal event. The royals attended. This is a fabulous show with a wonderful mix. There was a boatload of musicians including a part in which McCartney and Elton John played a piano across from each other. There is Knopfler, Phil Collins, Clapton, and Jimmy Buffett, Carl Perkins(who died shortly after this. Oh yeah also the pompous Sting.
This mix was done by Elliot S i believe, if you have not seen this you are missing a great show.

Last edited:
Thanks man, that souds amazing! I really envy you for those memories. I will be on the lookout for the DTS version, then. Is it more of an "audience" mix, or more active/inventive (like e.g. Hell Freezes Over)?

Yes there are 2 versions as DTS was just becoming available, they did a second version with DTS, the original was DD. It was an active mix, good show to the point i had to get a second disc, i kept loaning it out, and it went from person to person and took ages to get back.

Quadtrade, I sooo envy you!! The memory of a lifetime! I was in the hi-fi business for years, including when this was released. I demoed systems often with McCartney's Golden Slumbers.

If you don't go buy this, you just don't like rock!!

Just happened to watch this last weekend. This was the first great quality concert DVD to be released (along with the James Taylor), back in the day. Still holds up, audio-wise, but a Blu reissue would be nice.

Back