Music Tracker app for Apple Music libraries

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strilo

Staff member
I wanted to create a thread to discuss the Music Tracker app for iPhone that was recommended elsewhere on the forums.

Music Library Tracker

It scans your Apple Music library and then tracks changes, deletions and even recently added the ability to track which songs are changed to Spatial Audio. What do others think of this app? Has anyone else downloaded it? I have been using it for about a week now and I have some thoughts (and one issue). So far it has helped me find a few albums that I did not realize were released in Atmos, so that's awesome.

Ask away. I'm very happy with it. I was a beta tester and the developer is very responsive with regards to bugs/issues.

Apparently the scanning process prioritizes scanning new tracks added to the database by new app downloaders adding their libraries and is currently pretty backlogged due to the new release and lots of new downloaders (to the tune of millions of tracks a day. Once it gets caught up it will start rescanning things and we will see Dolby Audio tracks get added and Dolby Atmos tracks that have reverted back to stereo get removed. Some patience is required here.

Yeah. I’ve been a beta tester as well.

Updates are kind of slow. None of the George Harrison stuff has been recognized yet for example.

Loving the app, but as someone who has never used Apple Music before Atmos, and just bought the app a few days ago, it's been a bit rough and tedious building up a library in Apple Music. If only there was an easy way to import my top Last.fm albums to my Music library or something. I found a few services that make playlists on Apple based on Last.fm that I can add to my library, but they all have strict limitations on number of tracks or require another subscription (I have too many already, no thanks 🤣)

The main issue I am having is that the feature to make a Spatial Audio playlist and keep it updated winds up creating multiples and blank playlists. One Spatial Audio playlist has most everything, sometimes it's missing something that the main screen shows was updated, other times, the second playlist isn't blank but contains only the tracks most recently updated to Spatial.

The main issue I am having is that the feature to make a Spatial Audio playlist and keep it updated winds up creating multiples and blank playlists. One Spatial Audio playlist has most everything, sometimes it's missing something that the main screen shows was updated, other times, the second playlist isn't blank but contains only the tracks most recently updated to Spatial.

I've not seen that.

Do be aware that after the first scan it can take an hour or so to add all the tracks to the Spatial Audio playlist (in my case over 6000 tracks). Don't force quit the app or anything if you think it isn't working, it is just taking a while.

The only time I've seen a new list get created is when I go to settings and choose "Regenerate Playlist". That will create a new one.

I have been disappointed with the app. There is a lag (multiple days) before new tracks are recognized. It also doesn’t identify all tracks.

I have been disappointed with the app. There is a lag (multiple days) before new tracks are recognized. It also doesn’t identify all tracks.

The scanning process appears to be way behind as it prioritizes scanning new tracks from the libraries of new users and is currently dealing with millions every day. It hasn't caught up to do a fresh pass to pick up Dolby Audio and things that have reverted from Spatial Audio back to stereo yet.

Growing pains. I am being patient and hoping for it to get caught up before too long. It has already proved useful to me identifying things that I hadn't realized had been upgraded. It should only get better.

I've not seen that.

Do be aware that after the first scan it can take an hour or so to add all the tracks to the Spatial Audio playlist (in my case over 6000 tracks). Don't force quit the app or anything if you think it isn't working, it is just taking a while.

The only time I've seen a new list get created is when I go to settings and choose "Regenerate Playlist". That will create a new one.
This happens at random almost every day for most than a week.

If you tried this app a few weeks ago and were a little disappointed since it didn't seem to find everything, give it a another shot.

I have over 7000 Dolby Audio/Atmos tracks in my library and the Music Library Tracker server has finally caught up with its scanning to where all but a few very recent releases are being identified.

is it possibile to connect the music tracker app to a different apple music family account than the one normally used on an iphone? i am asking this as i have an android smartphone and an apple tv 4k but no iphone or ipad, while my husband has an iphone and we are both part of the same apple music family subscription (at his name). switching from one account to another on the iphone removes all downloaded tracks and he won't let me do it. while if the music tracker app requires to insert username email and password and i could use mine i will buy it and have it run on my husband iphone. mostly i need it to scan my current library to figure out if there are atmos tracks i haven't found yet.

I have asked the developer of the Music Tracker App why I/O inside mix of Peter Gabriel not was recognize as Dolby Atmos. This was the answer I received.

’The issue here is that the Spatial Audio Database does not update instantly as it works by crawling through Apple Music and rechecking all of the songs I already have in the database. As there are over 15 million, that means it can take around 5 weeks to do a complete check of each of those tracks so if a track switches to Spatial Audio that I’m already aware of then it can take anywhere from 1 minute to 5 weeks for that to update depending on when it was last checked. If it’s a new song, then it either needs to appear in an Apple Music curated “Spatial Audio” playlist (which gets checked daily) or someone using my Music Library Tracker app with Spatial Audio enabled needs to have it in their library.

In the future I’m planning on adding a way for users to suggest that an artist or album needs to be rechecked which will then prioritise them to the crawler but for now I’ve manually put this one back into the queue and it is now showing correctly.’

i love the app; i use this app almost every day to se what is change trough Apple in my music library.

The fact that the app has not picked up either the Red or Blue Beatles collections after they have been out for about a month leads me to believe it is certainly not all it's cracked up to be. Surely in that time it should have recognized those by now. God knows it seems to pick up every random playlist and Christmas song known to mankind.

However, I/O was on my list from them a few days ago.

Back