My only Q8: Burt Bacharach - "Greatest Hits"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kazaam

701 Club - QQ All-Star
I found it at an estate sale a couple of weeks ago. I missed out on Quad, but have been a big fan of the newer surround formats. Anyway... I don't get to sales very often, but when I do I try to locate any old quad equipment or music. Finally, luck was on my side! Burt Bacharach in quad. I looked to see if they had any other Q8s, but that was the only one. I suspect, perhaps, that the previous owner had bought it by mistake since I noticed there was another copy of the same 8-Track album, but as a stereo version. Or maybe not. Still... I thought it was kinda cool and wanted to share my experience.

Admittedly, I don't know much about Burt Bacharach. I probably first heard of him after a mention during one of the Austin Power movies. That is, if I'm recalling correctly. I do recognize some of the song titles, though.

He is a prolific author of popular music. I know he has allowed himself to be self-parodied on the ad mentioned above (I'll never get hit in the rear again), but his lush arrangements are very good listening, and those in Quad are excellent, in my humble opinion.

MTGC (Michael)

Back