!n$@nE Album Covers

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6150733146_e1dc7210e0.jpg

1961_songs_my_mother_never_sang__homer_and_jethro_01.jpg

a childs garden of grass was also a book, that I had ( of course). funny filled with tips and recipies for cooking with.
way back in the day, it was our bible

That Three Dog Night cover IMHO helped kill their career just at the wrong time when they were on the rise. It's sort of funny when you first saw it, but does one really want to keep looking at it day after day, as how we once listened to a new music title. You had a record out and showed it to your friends and the "cool factor" made them want to buy it. They were on a high after the record "Cyan" with the hit "Shambala."

A better cover would have shown just the band (as with "Cyan") and perhaps a fold-out with lyrics, show the band playing music, etc. I was a big fan of theirs, and it's hard to explain to those who were not there how popular they were and on a roll with hits and great songs back then.

I forgot about "Squirt." Wasn't Squirt a 7-UP type drink?

Squirt is grapefruit soda. like Fresca. pretty tasty stuff, good with a beer mixed in. (but strange like tomatoe juice and beer) http://www.squirtsoda.com/

As the one who began this thread, I must comment: it is most amusing as to what we find humorous, especially Americans. Body parts and functions, illicit substances, death and gender bending are all funny, perhaps because there are taboos attached.

Wow, those are some whacked out covers. If there's a constant in all this, it shows that musicians should just stick to what they do best and play music. Don't try to be funny. On the other hand, if the music is no good, the more crazy the cover, the better. :D

Back