• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Need potentiometer for Pioneer QX-9900

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinyleater

I picked up a Pioneer QX-9900 in great shape except the potentiometer used to control the front and rear bass is shorting out. I took the unit apart far enough to see that the phenolic ring on top of the first section of this pot (it is a multi-section pot) is cracked. I tried wedging the cracked section down with a piece of plastic. But it still shorts out and trips the protection circuit. The whole pot will have to be replaced. I can see that it is made by Noble, but can't get close enough to read any part number. It appears to be soldered onto a small circuit board together with the treble control pot. Not going to be an easy job! But first I have to find one of these. Anybody out there got one or know where I can find one? Thanks.

Try to find out if Noble is still manufacturing the Potentiometer. Then maybe, with the proper description and order code, the electronic hobby shop of your choice may be able to order you a new one from their distributor.

http://www.nobleusa.com/

-Kristian

Thanks, Kristian! I do have the schematic somewhere, so I might be able to find the part number on it. I'm not looking forward to the tedious disassembly and reassembly of the unit. I appreciate your information. In the meantime, if anybody out there is sitting on parts for the QX-9900, post if you have one of these pots. Thanks.

The Pioneer part number is ACV-402 which is no longer available. When it was available, it sold for $40.88.
I have a unit, in good working order, which I have been contemplating parting out because, it is missing some exterior parts and has a cracked bezel. I have not yet convinced myself to do so. However, I will keep you in mind.
I picked up a Pioneer QX-9900 in great shape except the potentiometer used to control the front and rear bass is shorting out. I took the unit apart far enough to see that the phenolic ring on top of the first section of this pot (it is a multi-section pot) is cracked. I tried wedging the cracked section down with a piece of plastic. But it still shorts out and trips the protection circuit. The whole pot will have to be replaced. I can see that it is made by Noble, but can't get close enough to read any part number. It appears to be soldered onto a small circuit board together with the treble control pot. Not going to be an easy job! But first I have to find one of these. Anybody out there got one or know where I can find one? Thanks.

The Pioneer part number is ACV-402 which is no longer available. When it was available, it sold for $40.88.
I have a unit, in good working order, which I have been contemplating parting out because, it is missing some exterior parts and has a cracked bezel. I have not yet convinced myself to do so. However, I will keep you in mind.

Thanks, Decoder Man. I think the easiest thing for me would be to replace the tone control board that the pot is soldered to. Once I disassemble the unit far enough to get to the pot, it will be much simpler just to replace that entire small circuit board. It has 3 pots soldered onto it, I believe plus a handful of resistors and small caps -- not very complicated. If you part out your unit I would be VERY interested in obtaining that board. I will be actively searching for one, so do let me know. Thanks!

Back