Dual Disc New Dualdiscs from Universal on the way

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Deering

Since 2002/2003
I looked at the coming soon section for Universal and there are some new ones coming. Of course the new Nine Inch Nails is hitting the format but most of us knew that. But now Beck's Guero is being released on Dualdisc despite the recent DVD-A+CD release and a new Wallflower's disc is being released.

Unfortunately none are 96/24 multi-channel, only 96/24 Stereo. I have no idea why they are doing this as space is not an issue with these releases. I could understand if there was more content though.

Kris Deering said:
I looked at the coming soon section for Universal and there are some new ones coming. Of course the new Nine Inch Nails is hitting the format but most of us knew that. But now Beck's Guero is being released on Dualdisc despite the recent DVD-A+CD release and a new Wallflower's disc is being released.

Unfortunately none are 96/24 multi-channel, only 96/24 Stereo. I have no idea why they are doing this as space is not an issue with these releases. I could understand if there was more content though.

Beck was probably recorded digitally in Pro-Tools at 44.1k. That's why they can't do a 96k release.

I wonder why though? It isn't like ProTools is limited to 44.1?? Take the new Nine Inch Nails release for example. Trent stated in a recent interview that he recorded that albulm using ProTools and was capturing all of the audio at 96/24 in the studio. So there is no excuse there.

Wow, I'm both surprised AND glad to see that the Wallflowers DualDisc isn't just a ported-over version of the Red Letter Days SACD (which I actually liked well enough in 5.1 surround). I'm not familiar with the album title, though. Is it new?

Back