New Pink Floyd reissues possibly with surround...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fascinating. The links to the two DSOTM product releases have unusually high resolution pictures. If you zoom in all the way, you can see that one of the discs in the "The Dark Side Of The Moon - Immersion Box Set" is a DVD and has two "5.1 Surround" mixes, a PCM Stereo mix and two "Quad" mixes. Another disc is a Blu-ray that has two versions of the album, one of which appears to be a "5.1 Surround" mix.

The cheaper, 2-disc "Experience" version does not appear to have more than a second CD of audio extras; the same is true of "Wish You Were Here". The other albums don't have pictures up yet.

Wish you were here
DISC 1 - CD1:

Wish You Were Here digitally remastered by James Guthrie, 2011

DISC 2 - CD2:

Shine On You Crazy Diamond (parts 1-6) live at Wembley November 1974 (2011 mix and previously unreleased)

Raving & Drooling live at Wembley November 1974 (2011 mix and previously unreleased)

You’ve Got To Be Crazy live at Wembley November 1974 (2011 mix and previously unreleased)

Wine Glasses from the unreleased ‘Household Objects’ project

Have A Cigar alternative version (previously unreleased)

Wish You Were Here featuring Stephane Grappelli (previously unreleased)

DISC 3 - DVD1, ALL AUDIO:

-Wish You Were Here, James Guthrie 2009 5.1 Surround Mix (previously unreleased) in standard resolution audio at 448 kbps

-Wish You Were Here, James Guthrie 2009 5.1 Surround Mix (previously unreleased) in high resolution audio at 640 kbps

-Wish You Were Here, Original Mix (1975) LPCM stereo

-Wish You Were Here, Quad Mix (previously released only on vinyl LP/8 track tape) in standard resolution audio at 448 kbps

-Wish You Were Here, Quad Mix (previously released only on vinyl LP/8 track tape) in high resolution audio at 640 kbps

DISC 4 - DVD 2, AUDIO VISUAL:

-AUDIO VISUAL: Concert Screen Films:

Shine On You Crazy Diamond Intro

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

-AUDIO VISUAL: Welcome To The Machine animated clip

-AUDIO VISUAL: Storm Thorgerson short film

Concert Screen Films play in stereo and 5.1 Surround Sound

DISC 5 - BLURAY:

-AUDIO: Wish You Were Here, James Guthrie 2009 5.1 Surround Mix (previously unreleased) high resolution audio at 96 kHz/24-bit

-AUDIO: Wish You Were Here, Original stereo mix (1975) mastered in high resolution audio at 96 kHz/24-bit

- AUDIO VISUAL: Concert Screen films:

Shine On You Crazy Diamond Intro

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

-AUDIO VISUAL: Welcome To The Machine animated clip

- AUDIO VISUAL: Storm Thorgerson short film

Well, there you have it in the description for the Immersion box. Wish You Were Here will have the original quad mix and a Guthrie 5.1 remix.

Well this is a no brainer for me, I'm in!
This is shaping up to be a great year for surround.

Question; [Quad Mix in high resolution audio at 640 kbps] What is this? DD?

I'm in for WYWH, probably Dark Side as well. I hope that Animals gets the same treatment.

If they release WYWH in retail surround, what the hell else will you all have to talk about? Keep em hungry, I say. ;)

(I kid.)

Please, Please, Please, have The Wall in 5.1. I can't think of a better suited album for surround.

Spence

Well this is a no brainer for me, I'm in!
This is shaping up to be a great year for surround.

Question; [Quad Mix in high resolution audio at 640 kbps] What is this? DD?

Yea, it will be DD like the Pulse DVD set. Luckily I've had no problems playing the 640 kbps on Pulse.

Spence

interesting little tidbit on that page...says SACD too?

Pink Floyd and EMI Music, whose association dates from 1967, announce a comprehensive release schedule, to be launched on September 26, 2011, encompassing CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs, SACD, an array of digital formats, viral marketing, iPhone Apps and a brand-new single-album ‘Best Of’ collection.

interesting little tidbit on that page...says SACD too?

Yea I seen that. Maybe the CD's will actually be a hybrid SACD. That would be to cool, especially if it had a 5.1 portion.

Here's a question, Do you think the DSOTM Immersion set will have the Alan Parsons quad mix along side of the JG 5.1 mix?? That would be interesting!!

Spence

The irony of this all is that they've bled the Pink Floyd well so dry with the repeated reissues that there's probably less hardcore fans that would these, no matter what they included.

I, thus far, paid my penance with buying "Shine On" back in the 90's, as well assorted odds and ends I own, like the WYWH Gold Disc, the ambient remixes, etc.. They've since issued ANOTHER box set of the same stuff since. I'll wait for the feedback for deciding to spend another dime on the same albums again.

As long as they give a option for just the surround I'm in and it looks like they are going to do that if the press release is correct and saying 'Acoustic Sounds' will have the 5.1
I sure hope they don't try to make you buy the whole crap load of stuff to get the 5.1 as I'm out then as I refuse to have to pay $100 to just get the one new thing I would like to hear.
Good to see that they are finally moving on this as hasn't "WYWH" 5.1 been completed and waiting for a release for years now.
Guess will have to wait and see how this all plays out.

peter

Back