New to the group

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doyscoy

QQ Supporter
What a nice place to listen and learn! Since 2015, I am a happily retired recording/broadcast audio engineer, last employed (for 23 years) with the US shopping channel QVC, where I had the unbelievable good fortune and pleasure to be the primary live performance mix audio engineer for more than 271 artists and musicians selling their music in various formats of the day. I had so many "pinch me, I must be dreaming" performance mixes that I have permanent bruises. I started my audio engineering career in 1980 at the old Alpha International Recording Studios in Philadelphia, assisting, and then engineering on more than 80 records released to the public. I had listened to a fair amount of Quad releases in the 70s, but was completely knocked out with my first listen to Steven Wilson's 5.1 mix of Aqualung, and then ITCOTCK. My wife shared my enthusiasm, and encouraged me to purchase a modest Sony 5.1 starter system-in-a-box, along with an Oppo DVD-A/SACD player. I have upgraded to Oppo Blu-ray, and continue with a serviceable 5.1 system (not ATMOS, yet). I became a huge fan of 5.1 remixes, and now own over 300 releases in DTS CDs, DVD-A, DualDisc, and Blu-ray. My bucket list is to be able to mix in 5.1, but unless I hit a lottery, it might remain just out of reach. So, I shall instead find my thrills listening to anything Steven Wilson and Chuck Ainlay (and others) may mix. My latest purchases are SDE issues of ABC's "Lexicon of Love" and Tears For Fears' "The Tipping Point", with pre-orders in for "Who's Next", Richard Wright's "Wet Dream", and XTC's "The Big Express". I am enjoying all of the forum chatter, and may occasionally have a thing or two to opine upon, myself. Cheers!

Back