Newest eBay score: Sanyo DCX 3450K

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
It's a nifty stereo. On-board SQ and two other Matrix settings which I assume would be RM (QS) with a hall setting. Even on-board CD-4 which is really what caught my eye over this unit - aside from the groovy four VU's off on the side. Sadly, only 3 channels work, but I'm going to call my local electronics guru to see if he can work his magic. I pulled the cover off myself the other night and noticed several of the large capacitors were leaking, one of them quite profusely.

Hopefully, it can be repaired. It'll be a nice secondary unit to hook up to my PC.

Quad Stuff 003.jpgQuad Stuff 004.jpgQuad Stuff 005.jpg

That is beautiful! Never seen that one before. The quad era definately wins for best looking equipment ever.

Wow the similarities to the Pioneer QX8000A are incredible. The UV meters/lights and lettering/number radio station black paper style are uncanny similar..
I wonder if it weights as much.. I have mine boxed after I cleaned it and fixed the lights and the UV meter. But 1 channel is giving me problems. :(
They are very nice looking receivers. People have commented on this style of receivers... Nice find.

Just got off the phone with a local electronics guy and he says should be no problem to repair it, as long as it's not some crazy unobtainium part that's gone wrong. But if it's just a cap or a transistor, should be no problem. I had the cabinet off the other day and I noticed several of the large caps on the amp board were leaky, so if it's not too much trouble, might just have him do them all for future reliability.

I did try out the CD-4 section on Saturday just for fun. But I can only get the right side to demodulate. Left doesn't seem to do anything at all.

I hope you can get it back to working order. That looks like a fun toy!

Electronics Guru sez it's an output chip. Luckily, there's a bunch of them on eBay for $20 each. Things are looking good.

Back