• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Not a quad piece, but here goes ...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadzilla

Exiled QQ Veteran
Since 2002/2003
I have just purchased a Rotel RCD-991 CD player that I will use in my (gawdforbid) two channel audio system to replace a Sony CDP-X7ESD unit, and I will be selling the Sony if anyone is interested. I will put it on eBay, but since it is very heavy, I thought that someone in the SW Ontario area might be interested since we can likely find a way to meet and do the deal in person.

It has never been repaired or modified, and it is in excellent working and cosmetic condition ... even the rosewood side panels. This player is still sought after as a transport (I am using it with an EAD DSP-7000 DAC) ... in fact, a lot of crazya$$ high end players like the Accuphase still use its CD transport. It even has balance XLR analogue outputs as well as the usual RCA and digital outs. I have the original box, remote and manual ... although I have moved recently so I am still looking for the box with my component manuals in it.

Cheers, Mike.

Your Rotel is good for multichannel-encoded CDs too. I have the RCD-951 model and it plays DTS and DD CD-Rs without any problem, even ones that won't play on any other unit I've tried. It allows for excellent decoding.

Yes quadwreck, I made a point of trying it out in case I wanted to use it in my multichannel system later. The Sony works fine as well, and I was actually thinking about keeping it for that system. I have a Toshiba CD-9200 DVD-A player and a Sony SCD-CE775 MC SACD player down there now so the other Sony is a bit redundant. I am having a clock upgrade installed in the Rotel now. I am told that will make a huge difference. I will let you know how it came out. I am told that this is the only weak area on the Rotel units. Mike.

Back