Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD Blu-ray/SA-CD/DVD-Audio Player $199 at Best Buy, in store only

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdm08033

Cheapskate hardware alert. The BDP-62FD Blu-ray/SA-CD/DVD-Audio player is half off in stores only. Use the link below to determine if your local Best Buy/Magnolia has stock on hand. Further this is an HDMI only player, owners of legacy component video HDTVs and 5.1 auxiliary input receivers need not apply.

I bought a Pioneer DV-48AV DVD player back in 2008 and it has performed perfectly. If you are using multiple players like I am this combo unit may simplify things and free up an HDMI jack.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer...ayer/6000108.p?id=1218720760631&skuId=6000108

I used the link to confirm stock at three stores in the Cherry Hill, NJ 08033 area.

Cheers, Michael

I thought I saw where it was another brand, with a pioneer label, and it was crap.

these newer models are not rebadged "SHARP" (i.e. "SHIT") players like the previous models.. and so the hardware itself is a lot better now than it was a couple of years ago.. but the firmware on these new Pioneer BDP's is the current problem. such a shame..

The issue is that this is not a player since it lacks any analog outputs. It should really be called a "transport."

Does that lower price show up at the store only? The link shows the regular price.

Update: The lower price was valid in store and I purchased one. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
Does that lower price show up at the store only? The link shows the regular price.

Update: The lower price was valid in store and I purchased one. Thanks for the heads up.

You're welcome. Due to personal finances I am still on the fence, but I would love to pop over to BB this weekend.

Cheers, Michael

these newer models are not rebadged "SHARP" (i.e. "SHIT") players like the previous models.. and so the hardware itself is a lot better now than it was a couple of years ago.. but the firmware on these new Pioneer BDP's is the current problem. such a shame..

Thank you for the correction Kal.

Cheers, Michael

Back