Pioneer Elite BDP-53FD 3D-Compatible Streaming (Universal) Blu-Ray Disc Player

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No SACD specs are provided on the website or in the user's manual.

both players lack analog out ports, and like pointed out, no information on sacd,
I feel pioneer equipment is over rated, none has ability to use analog input ( receivers)
as most higher level receivers do. I think it's an Oppo knock off.

Pioneer 440 is not in the quality class of Oppo 93 but Pio is significantly cheaper in Europe.

Regardless of what you think about their products, Pioneer is still a reputable company. I'm pretty sure that they are not stealing OPPO's products.

not stealing, lots of companys follow the others basic design, and it would appear that this closely resembles the oppo's. (and it does)
I'm not saying they copied, rather "follow" something that is popular but not well known. as well known as oppo, so they fill a need. an auto maker
makes a car with intermintent wipers, now they all follow suit, and they all look the same and do the same thing.
Is that theft?

not stealing, lots of companys follow the others basic design, and it would appear that this closely resembles the oppo's. (and it does)
I'm not saying they copied, rather "follow" something that is popular but not well known. as well known as oppo, so they fill a need. an auto maker
makes a car with intermintent wipers, now they all follow suit, and they all look the same and do the same thing.
Is that theft?
Of course not. I was giving you a bit of a hard time about your use of the words "knock off" which you probably know is theft. I'm still puzzled by your comment here: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?9950-Tweaks-amp-Tips-Your-Favorites. Are you just giving me a hard time? :cool: - which is fine because I know my my sub setup is unorthodox. But is it really dangerous?

[SUB][/SUB]I need to stay off the forums while drinking my beers.
I'm guilty of FWI: "Foruming while intoxicated"
No malice intended, just an attempt at humor.

Would be very interested to know if this player bitstreams Netflix 5.1 Dolby Digital audio.

I don't know of any universal player that does this.

An example regular blu-ray player that does are the Panasonic DMP-BDT210 and DMP-BDT110 models.

Would be very interested to know if this player bitstreams Netflix 5.1 Dolby Digital audio.QUOTE]

My inner cheap skate has been watching this player crawl to the market place. Hopefully they will be heavily discounted at my local Best Buy Magnolia after collecting dust for a year or so. I would love to combine all my disc spinning onto one unit and use the extra HDMI inputs for an AppleTV, Roku or GoogleTV. Righ now I have my old Pioneer DV-48AV for DVD-Audio and SACD and my new BDP-S380 for Blu-ray and SACD. Most accounts I have read suggest that the best Netflix streamers are found in the Xbox and PS3 systems followed by the latest Roku boxes.

Back