Pioneer QX-949 10,000uf caps part number

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have a mouser or digikey part number for replacing the 10,000uf 50v caps in the Pioneer QX-949? I wanted to order them before pulling everything apart and measuring the pin spacing, etc. Ok maybe I'm lazy, but I figured that someone may have part numbers. I did find possible part numbers for a few transistors.. SC3503DSTU for the 2SC1451 's, and KSA992 for the 2SA726. I'm planning on tackling both of mine soon. I used to have two nice working ones. One started going into protection mode so I switched to the backup. Now the backup one is blowing the line fuse.
Thanks !!!

Last edited:
You might know already, but for big main filters like 10,000 uF, sometimes other vendors are necessary. Like Newark for CDE, and others. Availability changes often.

You may find that new capacitors are much smaller than the originals. You can up the value a bit for better filtering. If you up the value too much you might want to beef up the rectifier diodes as well to be able to handle the inrush power surge at turn on.

I guess that I'll wait until I take it apart until so that I can see the best option as far as lead spacing, etc. I was wondering if someone already had a part number if they've replaced them recently. When I finish up a few other projects, I'll tear into it and do some measuring before ordering.. Thanks for the reply!

Newark has several original size large capacitors to enable you to mount them in the original configuration. That's where I got replacements for my Heathkit stuff.

But yes, you will have to remove and measure the ones you have. Not really a big deal with most filters.

Doug

Newark has several original size large capacitors to enable you to mount them in the original configuration. That's where I got replacements for my Heathkit stuff.

But yes, you will have to remove and measure the ones you have. Not really a big deal with most filters.

Doug
And especially since they would have to be removed anyway to replace....

Back