Playing the DTS layer of a DVD-Video disc in an Acura ELS system

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abt4u

QQ Supporter
Hi, everybody. I'm a big fan of this site. A few years ago I bought a 2010 Acura TL... mainly for the ELS sound system.. lol.. priorities. It sounds incredible.
I would like to be able to rip the DTS layer from some DVD-Video discs and play the DTS-only disc in my car. (For example, the DTS 5.1 layer from the Genesis box sets).
I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to best go about doing this. I have a copy of DVD-Audio Solo, but so far have only made about a dozen failed attempts. I can give more information if necessary. I just assumed someone here has successfully done this before.
Thank you.

Hi, everybody. I'm a big fan of this site. A few years ago I bought a 2010 Acura TL... mainly for the ELS sound system.. lol.. priorities. It sounds incredible.
I would like to be able to rip the DTS layer from some DVD-Video discs and play the DTS-only disc in my car. (For example, the DTS 5.1 layer from the Genesis box sets).
I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to best go about doing this. I have a copy of DVD-Audio Solo, but so far have only made about a dozen failed attempts. I can give more information if necessary. I just assumed someone here has successfully done this before.
Thank you.
The DTS track sampling rate on DVDs is 48K; compact discs are 44.1K. Use DVD-Audio solo to make DVD-A spec discs.

That would handle extracting the required 44.1K core DTS? Didn't realize that.
The 44.1k DTS encoder is built into the DVD Audio Extractor app, so you can create a burnable DTS-CD image from a DVD-A/V or Blu-Ray in just a few clicks. It's a handy feature (especially in the old days when you couldn't play 5.1 FLAC or M4A files in the car).

Thank you both for your replies. I will take a look at DVD-Audio Extractor. Sounds like that application has a good chance of solving my problems.

Back