Acura Integra ELS System

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sashaaa

Hey everyone, I'll be test driving an Acura Integra in the near future and I had a couple of questions about the ELS system. I've never driven an acura, and I don't really know how to play 5.1 files in them but I think I get the idea. Plug in a usb with some 5.1 flacs without any compression and press play. Firstly, I was wondering if this car has 5.1 capability, and if so how should I test out the system at the dealership. While I get the gist of it, I'm not entirely sure the process for playing back files from a USB stick in the car. Also, since this car doesn't seem to be on the factory surround systems page, is there anything I should test and report back on?

Thanks in advance!

Well, members have reported that the Integra 3D system does NOT play 5.1 files. I have never verified this, but if you test drive one, take your USB and play it in one of their RDXs or MDXs or TLXs and see if you hear the 5.1 correctly. If so, go to the Integra and listen for the same results. That would prove it one way or the other.

There are threads here from members who tested the 22 Integra. Look for those. The sales person will probably be clueless, so you cannot count on them. It's up to you to check it out. Best bet, try it in a car we know it works in, then try it in the Integra

Well, members have reported that the Integra 3D system does NOT play 5.1 files. I have never verified this, but if you test drive one, take your USB and play it in one of their RDXs or MDXs or TLXs and see if you hear the 5.1 correctly. If so, go to the Integra and listen for the same results. That would prove it one way or the other.

There are threads here from members who tested the 22 Integra. Look for those. The sales person will probably be clueless, so you cannot count on them. It's up to you to check it out. Best bet, try it in a car we know it works in, then try it in the Integra
Dang, that's really a shame. This will be my first car and stretching my budget to get a TLX for that functionality is not something that I'd really like to do, but I might be willing to because having 5.1 audio is important to me. But also, having a hatchback and a smaller sedan is important to me too. I'll give it a shot and report back.

Dang, that's really a shame. This will be my first car and stretching my budget to get a TLX for that functionality is not something that I'd really like to do, but I might be willing to because having 5.1 audio is important to me. But also, having a hatchback and a smaller sedan is important to me too. I'll give it a shot and report back.
I test drove a new Integra and 5.1 audio would not play!

Back