Poco Fans - DTS - Firebird - Paul Cotton

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beached

Just found this one at CD Baby. It has been out since 2006 yet nobody has mentioned here AFAIK. It is a re-released album from 2000 that Paul says he wanted to redo in surround. If you were a fan of this band then you will love this as much as I do. If you are not then you should have a listen. Paul Cotton was left the lead singers duties (along with Rusty Young) from Poco after Jim Messina, Richie Furay and lastly,Tim Schmit went there own ways. He has a great vocal style and Rusty is along for some nice pedal steel licks. It comes as a CD/DVD 2 disc package and he redoes a couple of old Poco favorites (Bad Weather and Ride the Country). The mix is pretty good too(y). 11 tracks in all. Go get it.

PS: I hope Bob can put this one in the polls.

I have fond memories of when my brother and I were little kids, we had a Poco 45 with "Crazy Love" and "Barbados" that we would spin over and over on a little toy record player at all three speeds.

My first concert I went to, Yes, Fragile tour I think, Poco was the opening act. They were good.

Just a word of warning with this one. Somebody, maybe the re-mix stereo and 5.1 engineer (Jeffery R Harris - Artefact Studios) stuffed up the authoring of the DD stream so if anybody cares for or prefers the DD over DTS (come on I know there are still some of you out there) then avoid this. The DD stream sounds like it has everything crammed in the centre channel only:eek:. Nothing else anywhere accept the Sub which is bass managed anyway.

The mix is pretty good too(y). 11 tracks in all.

Just a word of warning with this one. Somebody, maybe the re-mix stereo and 5.1 engineer (Jeffery R Harris - Artefact Studios) stuffed up the authoring of the DD stream so if anybody cares for or prefers the DD over DTS (come on I know there are still some of you out there) then avoid this. The DD stream sounds like it has everything crammed in the centre channel only:eek:.

Hi Beached,

I'm a tad confused...so the DVD has BOTH DTS and DD 5.1? You love the DTS mix but the DD mix is faulty? Is that correct?

Thanks for pointing this disc out, I like the sound of the country rock from the sample clips and if the mix is good this may be a worthwhile purchase!

Cheers!
Josh :)

Beached- Thanks for the FutureEdge thread. The order went through (with "Always" free shipping!) smoothly. Looking firward to the music. Thanks again.

Back