Poco SACD won't load!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I just popped in my brand new (just opened it) Poco 2'fer from Dutton Vocalion...and my Oppo says Unknown Disk.....

UGHhhhhhhhhhhhhh...what does that actually mean? The disc is spotless, regardless...I gently cleaned it....rebooted Oppo....same result.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I just popped in my brand new (just opened it) Poco 2'fer from Dutton Vocalion...and my Oppo says Unknown Disk.....

UGHhhhhhhhhhhhhh...what does that actually mean? The disc is spotless, regardless...I gently cleaned it....rebooted Oppo....same result.

Have you tried any of the other new Dutton discs you just received? Try them and if they are OK it's probably just a disc problem that happened during the manufacturing process...

OK - now I'm really confused. All 3 discs won't play......but....no SACD or DVD-A will play either....

But - put in G-N-R bluray audio...and plays fine. Huh?

I thought you already did that...that's what I think of when someone tells me they rebooted...
No, I just meant, powered it down and back on. So, unplugging didn't help. I tried a standard CD, it won't recognize either....tried another bluray concert...loaded just fine. This is not sounding good.....but honestly makes little sense....

To resolve a problem like this you have to "back track"...determine when the last time you played discs that now won't play(SACDs...DVD-As)..and what has changed since then...
Well, I can answer that without knowing...because I haven't changed anything in....well....forever. :) But, my last batch of Vocalion discs might be the last time I actually played a SACD. So, couple months I guess.

Back