Problems playing MKA files

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe a Foobar component that sends the audio to Kodi to play via Passthrough (invisible to the user), for those who don’t like Kodi.
Could that be implemented through a component? I ask because that is more up your alley than mine.
At any rate it hasn't happened yet. From what I've seen/read Peter is not gung ho on implementing bitstreaming, but that's second hand not directly from him.

No idea. Foobar may not support external players like Kodi. I had a Quick Look and it seems to only support external decoders, with Foobar playing the decoded audio.
jRiver will show up as a normal sound device, and use all jRiver sound settings and dsp.

I have created MKA files of my Atmos audio files. The files are stored on an external hard drive connected to a Window PC laptop. I just can’t figure out how to play these MKA files remotely through Apple TV, my LG Oled or OPPO 203.
I actually have two sets of .mka files in my system. One is on a USB-HDD connected to an old Windows Laptop connected by HDMI to my AVR using VLC in bitstream mode. However, I found the two Beatles titles would not play properly in this configuration (so far everything else does). So I got a second USB-HDD and plugged it into the back of my Oppo UDP-203. This solved the problem in a much simpler manner and is my primary means of Atmos playback.

Back