Q8: Sharp RT-840U

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q8

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Q8: Sharp RT-840U

Rarity: Rare

Average Sale Price: Unknown

1_b65ea608099695899de5890d6790a3ab.jpg

And here it is one of the notorious decks that plays quad but only records stereo. I picked one up for $20. Still need to clean the melted belt out and replace it. Will do that soon. Nice looking deck. It seems from what research I could do, that there were several models that looked and operated similarly that were made between 77-79. Anyone know more about these? There is little info about them anywhere. I have seen a pic of a similar model with one less button. Is this the top one?

I cleaned out the belt gunk, used deoxit on all the switches and pots and cleaned out a little dust inside. It works like new! Not a bad little deck. Interesting design.

Nice find! Never seen one before. I don't think it would have been produced after 1976, so I'd set the range more like 1974-76.

timbre4 said:
Nice find! Never seen one before. I don't think it would have been produced after 1976, so I'd set the range more like 1974-76.

Yeah, when I opened it, I think the motor was dated 76.

When I went to see it, the guy just said he had a quad recorder and he didn't know what brand, so I didn't know if it was going to be a Technics or Akai or something like this. On one hand I'm glad to have this rarity that is near perfect, on the other hand I still want a Q8 recorder.

Back