qrx-7500a and sa-8000x question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deja vu

Newbie with a question - please forgive me if I abuse any etiquette or protocol.
Anyhow - I am currently using a qs-800 along with a stereo pre-amp and stereo amp to sythesize stereo and manage peripherals. One of the things I really like about it is that the 4 level meters actually are used to set the input level of the peripheral device presented to the amp. So, I can adjust input gain of various devices with the level set control on the qs-800. I see a nice qrx-7500a and a nice technics sa-8000x on eBay, either of which could physically replace three components, and free up some room. My question (long-winded I know) is: do the meters on these two (qrx-7500a and / or sa-8000x) monitor the gain of the incoming signal and allow for the adjusting the gain of the incoming signal via the individual vloume controls for each channel as the qs-800 does? I hope I asked that in a way that makes sense - and thanks!

The sansui quad units I've had or seen don't have individual volume controls for each channel They had front/rear tone and balance controls. I have a techniques SA-8000X (temporarily on the work bench -- for the past year or so!!!). It has separate volume controls for each channel, as well as a main volume control. Hope this helps.

Back