Quad 8-track mystery

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe it's an RCA tape in a white shell. They used to show up a lot. One of the Q8 guys will chime in I'm sure with the proper info. It might be Canadian?

I dunno if it's Canadian, but it seems to be a Dealer Demo tape that the salesman would pop in the machine during a demonstration. It's from the late-70's time frame as it mentions 40-channel CB radio availability and 40-channel CB's didn't become a thing until 1977/78.

Programs 1 & 2 feature the same content. It has a couple pieces of music that exemplify Quadraphonic sound with brass over here, rhythm over there, etc. The announcer speaks about the features of the radio, gives a few demonstrations of how to use the radio and then goes off on the availability of other stereos in the Ford line.
At the end, you get two pieces of music mixed exactly like the music used during the demo and they are mixed four-corner aggressive with brass in one corner, rhythm in another, guitars and keyboards in yet another and woodwinds in the last corner.

I know no Canadian producer of quad 8 track tape which used that specific kind of cartridge, so i will bet a USA release, probably by GRT or Liberty/UA. The 1977 year puzzles me... would date it earlier, since both went to blue cart (GRT) or black cart (UA) by this time, not white ones.

Back