Quad radio broadcast this week!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I notice that the hosts voice is dead on center channel. THe jingles with the sounds swirling from behind are a real treat! Great selection of music too (From the moody blues to philly soul, lol!).. Was this show ever made into a 320 vs a 128 kb compression rate?

Enjoying this very much.

Love the "Sonic Crapshoot" when explaining DPL II in mono!!!
Found out during the test check that the correct setting in my receiver was DPL II MOVIE , not the Music one...
Grooving to "Walk this way", hehehe, thanks!

Can I ask how you guys are playing these files out of your PC/Mac and into your receiver? I seem to be missing a crucial step here. If I burn the downloaded files onto a cdr and play them back in my OPPO will they decode? Are the mp3s somehow encoded with Dolby? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Can I ask how you guys are playing these files out of your PC/Mac and into your receiver? I seem to be missing a crucial step here. If I burn the downloaded files onto a cdr and play them back in my OPPO will they decode? Are the mp3s somehow encoded with Dolby? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

see post one...."encoded into the Dolby Pro Logic II matrix" so play back the show through your surround receiver in that decoding format..

Thanks, I saw that but didn't know that mp3s could be encoded in Dolby. When I play the downloaded mp3s from my laptop, they play back just fine. Wouldn't it be a bunch of noise if they were encoded in Dolby? Just wanted to check I'm not missing something before burning a coaster. Thanks!

Nevermind. Just burned 'em and it worked. Guess I didn't have faith. But it worked!

Back