Quadbob question on swapping sansui boards

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ESD Buddy

Hi,

I searched and still am not getting a clue to the Sansui QRX 7500 / QRX 7500A thing. After searching hi and low I am confused to which has the capability to use 01 boards or parts. I am thinking of swapping QRX 7001 internals to a QRX 7500 for my own personal unit. Yes I do ground myself! ESD seems to follow me everywere rain or shine.

Thank you

Hi,

I got a 9001 real cheap and the boards do not fit the 7500, but I can remove and re-wire the connections to fit the 9001's board. It should not be much of a problem.

Note: I will have to trace the 9001's connections (around 40 of them) and map things out abit.

One thing I like about the 7500 is that it is well built and has plenty of room to spare. Since I am at it I may add noise reduction.

Oh, some are thinking why do this to a 7500 when you can fix the 9001... the 9001 is beat up (no cover, missing some knobs, and FM/AM seems non-functional and the rear has been modified) basically parts is peices kinda thing. The 7500 is pretty nice and it would be something unique.

Back