Quadrophenia 5.1 partial album remix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllAboutTheSound

Does anyone remember the partial album remix of The Who's Quadrophenia in 5.1? I think it had something like 6 to 9 songs from the abum remixed at the time. I've been trying to find info online about it just out of curiousity but it's as ifit never existed.

Does anyone remember the partial album remix of The Who's Quadrophenia in 5.1? I think it had something like 6 to 9 songs from the abum remixed at the time. I've been trying to find info online about it just out of curiousity but it's as ifit never existed.
Are you referring to Pete Townshend's original 5.1 mix? I believe he got bored and never finished it. A full 5.1 mix of the album done by Richard Whittaker and Bob Pridden was released on Blu-ray and more recently it has received a new Dolby Atmos mix available to stream on Apple Music.

https://www.discogs.com/release/5897164-The-Who-Quadrophenia

Thank you. 15202 is the one I was referring to. I've never been happy with the complete album remix to 5.1 and was curious if the mixes on the 8 song release were different. It's kind of strange that I couldn't find any mention of it while searching the internet for two days.

Back