Quadrophonic Chair

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, if there is enough sound absorbtion around the head area, that chair might just make Goodbye Yellow Brick Road LISTENABLE ... if the speakers are on the outside of course ... :D Cheers, Mike.

I remember there being one of these in the store window of our local stereo store, "The Golden Ear" in Northern Ca where I grew up. My mom used to call it "The Golden Egg" because of the chair. I guess it threw her off a little.

Looks like an escape pod.

Have the aliens landed?

I too remember these chairs. I even sat in one and listened to what ever was playing. Unfortunately, I couldn't seem to get my parents to buy their little gadget boy his own quad enviorment.

jrahrah said:
I too remember these chairs. I even sat in one and listened to what ever was playing. Unfortunately, I couldn't seem to get my parents to buy their little gadget boy his own quad enviorment.

Looks like it ended with zero bids - I know I couldn't come up with the minimun bid for something like that.

I remember the Walker Scott's in Escondido, California having one of these upstairs in the Stereo/TV department in the Summer of '79... pretty late for something so outre'. Right there next to the B-52's Lps in the rack! And heavily discounted.

Walker Scott went out of business not long after ;)

Back