question about qsd-1 and a tate - maybe quadbob can answer this ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbyquad

I have 2 qsd-1's and 2 tates.

I love the tates but the sound is a little tinny. The qsd-1's have been fully upgraded by hajime in Japan and sound great. Blend resistors were removed and hi-prop caps were installed.

BUT ...

The qsd-1's both play LOUDER on one side until you turn the volume up to a loud point.

As you go louder, the music sound moves towards the center until the instruments are finally equal on both sides and it sounds GREAT (when it is in right place) but it is frustrating as I don't like to listen to music when the volume is high.

On the other hand, my tates sound the same at a low level or a high level of volume. Volume does not affect the placement of the music with the tates like the volume levels on the QSD-1's do.

Is this a common experience for you QSD-1 owners?

If so, how did you solve the issue?

I have not experienced this with my QSD-1, and I have both inner and outer dials (volume/level-balance) aligned.
Mine has been modded by QuadBob, but I don't know if he did anything with the left/right balance.

Lonster

Back