Range Rover Evoque With Meridian Surround System

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odys

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Has anyone had a chance to check this out yet? The car itself has gotten great reviews, but info on the Meridian surround system is scarce. I've found that it plays DVD's, but no mention on whether it plays actual DVD-Audio's. I'm hoping that since the M in MLP stands for Meridian, it will, but nothing is certain any more. All the literature on the Meridian website mentions Meridian Trifield (based on Ambisonics), Dolby PLIIx and DTS Neo:6, but no true surround decoding. I sent an email to Meridian last week, but no response yet. All the Evoque forums rave about how great their mp3's sound on this system. :rolleyes:

I'm going to get a test drive in this weekend and will report back, but in the meantime I'm hoping to hear some good news from someone.

Has anyone had a chance to check this out yet? The car itself has gotten great reviews, but info on the Meridian surround system is scarce. I've found that it plays DVD's, but no mention on whether it plays actual DVD-Audio's. I'm hoping that since the M in MLP stands for Meridian, it will, but nothing is certain any more. All the literature on the Meridian website mentions Meridian Trifield (based on Ambisonics), Dolby PLIIx and DTS Neo:6, but no true surround decoding. I sent an email to Meridian last week, but no response yet. All the Evoque forums rave about how great their mp3's sound on this system. :rolleyes:

I'm going to get a test drive in this weekend and will report back, but in the meantime I'm hoping to hear some good news from someone.

http://www.meridian.co.uk/experiences/automotive/range-rover-evoque.aspx

I tested out the Meridian system yesterday and I was disappointed to find that it played only the DTS and Dolby surround portions of the DVD-A, it did not detect the MLP. In further testing of premium surround systems, BMW did not recognize the disc at all and Mercedes Benz and Lexus both came through with flying colors, playing back perfectly.

Back