Record Store Day RSD 2019

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless the situation has improved immeasurably, I was under the impression that colored vinyl, although cool looking, adds unwanted inclusions to the pressings [read: ticks, pops, swishes, etc.]

I may have bought 2 or 3 dozen colored-vinyl LPs over the past several years and have found no higher percentage of surface noise over black vinyl. However, my experience with picture discs has been different—more noise on those. Perhaps I’ve been unlucky, but I tend to stay clear of them for the most part now.

Unless the situation has improved immeasurably, I was under the impression that colored vinyl, although cool looking, adds unwanted inclusions to the pressings [read: ticks, pops, swishes, etc.]
It must have improved. Two of today's buys were on colored vinyl (Frank Black: solid white, Matthew Sweet: translucent orange) and both played great. FWIW, I bought them because of the music, not the colored vinyl.

Intervention Records has a limited selection of 180g Vinyl pressed by RTI and mastered by Kevin Gray at CoHEARent Audio on sale https://www.interventionrecords.com/artists/sale/

Free s/h over $150 but if you don't reach that limit, their media mail s/h is VERY reasonable. They also have 3 Stereo SACDs on sale, as well.

Jump on it, folks. Intervention is outstanding. I’ve got titles by Joe Jackson, Judee Sill, Murray Head and Stealers Wheel. They all sound terrific with beautiful artwork/sleeves. (y)

Yikes! That's crazy. The cashier at Newbury Comics told me the line started forming the night before! I'm too old to be doing that, LOL!
The people in the front of the line got there at 3 am. I'm definitely too old for that noise, but I was okay with standing for an hour to get what I got today. There was one thing that the 3 am girl got that I may have bought if it hadn't sold out. A picture disc single of "Baby Shark" for my granddaughter. It would have been a fun pick up at $10, but the scalpers are starting at $40 with it and that's too much. I'll see if it comes down in a week. Sometimes these things cool off.

Lots of people were sad they missed the Bear ABB, but I kept telling them that one was an "RSD First" release, which means it will be getting a standard issue.

Fortunately where I live lines were only at checkout.
Picked 2 stones albums on colored vinyl
Lennon raw studio mixes
Fleetwood mac the alternate
CSNY 4 Way street
My daughter picked up the Fleetwood mac and the Mumford and sons picture disc
Wanted so much more but after 200 bucks thought that was enough
I love record store day!

Last edited:
What I had for din din on RECORD DAY: :ROFLMAO:got a little 'tough' toward the inner grooves!

See the source image

Last edited:
That reminds me of a comedy skit from the 80's. The premise was there were no dishes so the Mom used Babbs records as plates. You didn't actually see food as I seem to remember. They were even Columbia labels. How's that for authenticity? I think it might have been SNL. Possibley when the B52's were on. It was the only time I remember sitting through a whole show of SNL.

Picked up a real nice copy of Deep Purple - Machine Head CD-4 today(RSD). Didn't need it but just couldn't
pass it up. Got a few RSD releases too.
Soul Slabs II :) . But most of what I wanted was gone.

Here's a pic from my RSD experience. The CSN&Y 4 Way Street seemed to be a staple in everyone's collection when I was a teenager but I never owned it. I just recently purchased another turntable for the specific purpose of playing 78's. So, the 4 Blues re-releases on newly pressed 78's were just too cool! The instant gratification can't be overstated.

Wait, wasn't there a HD release of 4 Way Street? (I don't have it... I should! Need to look and see if I'm not starting rumors. I just have the crappy CD version with the bonus tracks.)

Saucerful just popped up on Amazon for $25 FYI.

Snood ordered but not hanging me hat on it ---- check out the shipping info lol

FREE Delivery Monday, May 13 - Wednesday, June 5 Details

Usually ships within 1 to 2 months. :rolleyes:

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.Gift-wrap available. :unsure:

Snood added the faces :giggle:

Scheduled to arrive June 13 from Amazon for the last 2 months.
Yesterday morning: Guaranteed by end of day.
Yesterday afternoon: Sorry, not sure when these are coming in. You still want it?

So... Amazon is busted here playing obvious bait and switch offering the lowest price for a pre-order when they had no intention of filling it. I mean... it looks like that's what happened anyway.

Is it actually time to add Amazon to the personal online blacklist or can someone explain how this could be an overreaction?

@&*%#%$$!#@$(^%@

Back