Rhino's wonky website. How do YOU get it to work?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillSamm1

After multiple attempts to get Rhino's bug-riddled website to finalize my order, I'm just... done.

I've tried using PayPal, a card number, logging in with a password, shopping as a guest, every combination I can think of. But when I get to the Checkout, after everything else has worked, and hit the "Buy Now" button, the website locks up and won't process the order! WTH?! :mad:

(deep calming breath) And so my colleagues, what has worked for you? Are there any workarounds, besides waiting and getting it from A-zon? Is there a phone number to place an order?

Thanks.

After multiple attempts to get Rhino's bug-riddled website to finalize my order, I'm just... done.

I've tried using PayPal, a card number, logging in with a password, shopping as a guest, every combination I can think of. But when I get to the Checkout, after everything else has worked, and hit the "Buy Now" button, the website locks up and won't process the order! WTH?! :mad:

(deep calming breath) And so my colleagues, what has worked for you? Are there any workarounds, besides waiting and getting it from A-zon? Is there a phone number to place an order?

Thanks.
I had that problem. When I tried using the Firefox browser rather than Chrome everything worked fine.

Many time when this happens to me on any commercial website, it's because of my pop-up/ad blocker. The website will try and open a window with your order information and your browser plug-in thinks it's an ad and blocks it.

Just a thought. This has happened to me in the past. When I shut off the ad blocker on the site, the sale goes through

I have used both Chrome & Edge to place multiple orders on Rhino's site. No problems or speed bumps yet for me. Which, doesn't answer your question at all. I don't have any tricks, it all works as it should for me. :(

I had the same problem. I'm on a Mac. When I used the Brave browser I couldn't get the Rhino site to finalize my order. I switched over to the Safari browser and everything worked fine.

I'm currently of the opinion that if a new batch of Quadios has something I'm really pumped for (Joni Mitchell, more Randy Newman, etc...) then I will continue to order from their store. However, for any future batch that I'm less enthusiastic about I am just going to wait for Bull Moose to get their stock. I did the second batch from the Moose and ordering each title individually was just as cheap as the bundle price from Rhino. Plus I know that if there is a problem, Bull Moose's excellent customer service team will rectify it ASAP.

Many time when this happens to me on any commercial website, it's because of my pop-up/ad blocker. The website will try and open a window with your order information and your browser plug-in thinks it's an ad and blocks it.

Just a thought. This has happened to me in the past. When I shut off the ad blocker on the site, the sale goes through
Will try. Thanks!

Ok, used Chrome, cleared cache, changed pop-ups, logged in as Guest, and it worked! Using PayPal even worked. That's all great, but the gymnastics required just to place an order are most unnecessary and frustrating. I want my Quadio, which is the ONLY reason I kept trying. And as @marpow said, it's basic commerce to not have your website get hung up on simple stuff like that. :/

Ok, used Chrome, cleared cache, changed pop-ups, logged in as Guest, and it worked! Using PayPal even worked. That's all great, but the gymnastics required just to place an order are most unnecessary and frustrating. I want my Quadio, which is the ONLY reason I kept trying. And as @marpow said, it's basic commerce to not have your website get hung up on simple stuff like that. :/
I would have if I saw your question before, told you to buy the items as guest. That seems to work for many before or after a browser switch.

Thanks.
Quite honestly, I've never had a problem with Rhino's website. It's worked properly every time I've used it. I use Chrome, BTW.

I have had the same problem lots of times using my computer the last time I gave up, later I thought I would try my tab and it went striate through.

For those with issues using the Rhino store... may I suggest noting the browser and version you are using. And, to that end, consider trying to place the order using a different browser or also be certain that it is up to date. I personally use Chrome on Windows 11 and have never had an issue with the Rhino Store. I can't say the same for the convoluted SDE Shop though! Also, I utilize PayPal on both sites, and that connection is another variable based on how one configures their PayPal account. In fact as a side note I ran into major issues with ImportCDs for a bit until I modified my home address on PayPal. Hope this helps...

Please go into a bit more detail on what you mean here. Out of curiosity...
There are standardized addresses for the USA. At some point last year ImportCD modified the way it handled selection of the standardized address and wouldn't match it to the PayPal address I had listed as my preferred address. Thus the order wouldn't process. I had to modify the preferred address in PayPal for this specific vendor to match the standardized address and allow it to flow back to ImportCDs to finalize the order. Hope that clarifies my order experience using PayPal with ImportCDs. By the by, prior to this change, the order would flow back to ImpoortCDs where I was presented with a screen to select the standardized address, but now it seems it must match exactly.

Reactions: GOS
Back