Scott Walker dies aged 76

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefe1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Scott Walker dies aged 76
March 25, 2019 by Paul Sinclairtags: Scott Walker, The Walker Brothers

scottwalker_2-480x349.jpg

Scott Walker has died aged 76, it has been confirmed. He first came to fame in the 1960s as part of The Walker Brothers with massive hit singles such as ‘Make It Easy On Yourself’ and ‘The Sun Ain’t Gonna Shine Anymore’ but went on to enjoy success as a solo artist, influencing future generations of musicians in the process.

Walker’s bleak 1995 album Tilt was critically acclaimed and name-checked by artists like David Bowie (who had covered The Walker Brother’s Nite Flights on his 1993 album Black Tie White Noise). Tilt formed part one of a trilogy that was completed by 2006’s The Drift and 2012’s Bish Bosch.
In the first year of the new millennium Walker curated the Southbank’s Meltdown Festival, then produced Pulp‘s last studio album, 2001’s We Love Life. He also contributed vocals to ‘The Big Sleep’, from Bat For Lashes 2009 album Two Suns.

Feel sad loved the early stuff and his first three solo albums. Yes the Sun aint Gonna Shine Anymore.

Another sad loss, a great voice and his last few albums were unique works of art, which would be wonderful in surround.

This easy listening foot tapper is from his last solo album Bish Bosch.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just compare Bish Bosch with the Walker Brothers output....hard to believe this is the same artist.
My problem with his later albums is the absence of his wonderful voice. It would be like Frank Sinatra recording instrumental albums. When my friend got Tilt he played some of it.....when I start hearing Here come the Buffalo........I began to wonder....was I on drugs again?

Just compare Bish Bosch with the Walker Brothers output....hard to believe this is the same artist.
My problem with his later albums is the absence of his wonderful voice. It would be like Frank Sinatra recording instrumental albums. When my friend got Tilt he played some of it.....when I start hearing Here come the Buffalo........I began to wonder....was I on drugs again?

I just listened to The Drift on youtube......whoa.......I mean, that is some scary shit right there. Good thing I didn't know about this back in my "dark" days.........might have scarred me for life. lmao

Dang, missed this news until I saw it on Analog Planet.... love his voice and the two hits...big, rousing Spectorish production. I remember Sun Ain't Going To Shine from when the 4 Seasons originally did it. I was very, very young. Had seen the early solo albums also but never sampled them, I had a Tape once (yes, "VHS") of him solo performing on something like the Sandy Shaw Show from 1968 or so!

Back