SDE Exclusive #14: Trevor Horn

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received this today.
Listening now

First impressions are very favourable.

Although I think the mix is leaning more to a 5.1.4 output but there is slight use of the rears.

He has managed to get a lot of class acts to join him in making this a terrific release.

These are the mixes you get with Trevor's release.
1000004815.jpg

Last edited:
Received this today.
Listening now

First impressions are very favourable.

Although I think the mix is leaning more to a 5.1.4 output but there is slight use of the rears.

He has managed to get a lot of class acts to join him in making this a terrific release.
Is there anything in the heights at all? The streaming version has nothing, unfortunately as it's a good album, but I will not pay premium for a non Atmos album.

Is there anything in the heights at all? The streaming version has nothing, unfortunately as it's a good album, but I will not pay premium for a non Atmos album.
Yes plenty in my heights.
I do have my heights at a higher volume than the mains...maybe that makes a difference...🤷‍♂️
But virtually nothing in the rears.
The instrumentals are gorgeous.
Worth the price for them alone

Last edited:
Yes plenty in my heights.
I do have my heights at a higher volume than the mains...maybe that makes a difference...🤷‍♂️
But virtually nothing in the rears.
The instrumentals are gorgeous.
Worth the price for them alone
Strange that's so big difference between streaming and disc, I have my heights a little higher in volume too, I use streaming to hear if it was worth buying. :rolleyes:

Strange that's so big difference between streaming and disc, I have my heights a little higher in volume too, I use streaming to hear if it was worth buying. :rolleyes:
Perhaps wait and read the verdict from other listeners.

I haven't listened to the full streaming version as wanted it to be new to my ears.

I will later today and get back to you.

Hummm
A conundrum here.
I couldn't hear much from my front heights after double checking everything.

I know you are normally spot on with your Atmos set up, hence is it just my set up?

I've played a couple of other releases and they are utilising all the heights, so all good there.

The rear heights are pumping out just fine.

Maybe I need to recalibrate my set up?

I'll use the tests on Apple.

Wow, not good.
That would be a bonafied reason for a reissue if I ever heard one.
I mean nothing at all in heights.
I like the songs, the 5.1, the fidelity, the mix, but I paid for Atmos and this is not.
Weird init as the 5.1 is excellent, as is the instrumental mix.

I've been waiting for other folk to confirm what I dredded.

Need to contact Paul, is my gut reaction.

Back