Simple Minds "Sparkle in the Rain" (March 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been searching for user reviews about Grooves.inc. It's a mixed bag - some say they're great; some say avoid like the plague. Think I'll wait and see.
I have ordered from Grooves, Inc. in the past and they have some good prices. Overall I've been pleased with the service. They usually pack items fairly well for shipment to North America. For example, I recall ordering some SACDs "back in the day" and each one was placed in its own bubble mailer. I did have one instance that a DVD-Audio disc arrived with a cracked front jewel case. It's to be expected, I guess, with shipping from Germany or wherever.

Something isn't right here! I am playing the DVD on headphones. The default multi fold down is great. Really sounds fantastic. Switch to stereo and it sounds terrible! It sounds like mono. Everything is in the centre, no separation. Can anyone else clarify this.

I've been searching for user reviews about Grooves.inc. It's a mixed bag - some say they're great; some say avoid like the plague. Think I'll wait and see.

I thought this would be a good time to try...these blu ray audio cases are pretty durable..unlike the CD cases..and the place has been in business for awile..PLUS I have the IMachine endorsement:)

Something isn't right here! I am playing the DVD on headphones. The default multi fold down is great. Really sounds fantastic. Switch to stereo and it sounds terrible! It sounds like mono. Everything is in the centre, no separation. Can anyone else clarify this.

A few people at SHF are saying the same thing about the SW stereo mix on the Dvd/Bluray not being correct.
Anyone else come across this as well?

Haven't played the stereo yet, but I'm finding the vocals on the 5.1 PCM on BluRay to be a little "distant" as in not quite high enough and very wet with reverb. Anyone else finding this?

A few people at SHF are saying the same thing about the SW stereo mix on the Dvd/Bluray not being correct.
Anyone else come across this as well?

Just tried the stereo track (on the BD) and yes, it's royally screwed up. Everything is collapsed into the centre channel with nothing in Left or Right. Doesn't anyone play test these damned things before sending them out? Shockingly bad.

I was supposed to be sent a copy of the DVD-A to QC, but that never happened. :(

Why on Earth is there always problems with these releases?!??!? How can we order with confidence? Aggravating, to say the least!

I'll take IMachine's evaluation of the surround mix...there is always going to be some differing opinions on the mix...and especially the vocals...some feel some of these discs have "buried vocals" others don't...different systems...different acoustic listening environments yield different results...I never listen to the stereo versions of surround discs...so if it is screwed up it won't impact me...I can't remember a disc that at least someone didn't have a problem with some aspect of it...I'm just glad there are releases to talk about:)

Back