Snarky Puppy "Empire Central" - Atmos Blu-Ray!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're looking for some great music to take full advantage of your Atmos system, this is it! Snarky Puppy basically surrounds their live recording audiences with instrumentation. With four keyboard players, four horns, three guitars, three drummers, three percussionist, bass and violin; 19 total musicians creating layers and textures found only elsewhere in orchestral music. The surround mix is fantastic on Empire Central. Great use of the rear channels with a tasteful splash of sound from the ceiling speakers.

If you're looking for some great music to take full advantage of your Atmos system, this is it! Snarky Puppy basically surrounds their live recording audiences with instrumentation. With four keyboard players, four horns, three guitars, three drummers, three percussionist, bass and violin; 19 total musicians creating layers and textures found only elsewhere in orchestral music. The surround mix is fantastic on Empire Central. Great use of the rear channels with a tasteful splash of sound from the ceiling speakers.
Absolutely. Crank it up. Really enjoy it!

It seems that the Blu ray is only playable for region A. At the moment in Europe, unless you have a multi-zone Blu ray, we are left without this one. 😞😞
A good get around for this problem, is to purchase the Region A, if that is the only one available to US citizens and rip with MakeMKV getting a MKV file and play via PC, assuming you have it hooked up to your listening/watching rig.
I learned this on QQ as there is a Dolby Atmos mix (Europe Only) for Metallica's Through The Never. I had tried everything to get it, and someone on QQ said just rip the disc and it will play via a file, what a wonderful idea.

I am aware that many members on QQ do not rip Blu Rays, but for those who do and want a region specific disc, this is the way.

A good get around for this problem, is to purchase the Region A, if that is the only one available to US citizens and rip with MakeMKV getting a MKV file and play via PC, assuming you have it hooked up to your listening/watching rig.
I learned this on QQ as there is a Dolby Atmos mix (Europe Only) for Metallica's Through The Never. I had tried everything to get it, and someone on QQ said just rip the disc and it will play via a file, what a wonderful idea.

I am aware that many members on QQ do not rip Blu Rays, but for those who do and want a region specific disc, this is the way.
Yes , but only would get a 5.1 down mix from Atmos

Why is that? Unless I misunderstand the topic. I rip all my Atmos discs, and they play in full Atmos via VLC media player.
I must learn to do that. I rip my collection to 5.1 Flac using makemkv and dvd audio extractor. Then I only can play 5.1 Flac files through my oppo 203 and marantz av receiver

I must learn to do that. I rip my collection to 5.1 Flac using makemkv and dvd audio extractor. Then I only can play 5.1 Flac files through my oppo 203 and marantz av receiver
I've only done one Atmos disc so far (Fish's 13th Star) using MakeMKV but ripped it is as an mkv back-up so I retain the Atmos

Ah, OK. Gotcha. So, you don't have a PC hooked up to your AVR. That's what I'm doing. My Oppo isn't part of the puzzle with ripped files.

Back