BluRay Music Video Poll Snarky Puppy - EMPIRE CENTRAL [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray of Snark Puppy - EMPIRE CENTRAL

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

sjcorne

Staff member
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2022 release from Snarky Puppy entitled "Empire Central".
Filmed at Dallas' Deep Ellum Art Company venue in March 2022, the audio was mixed by Nic Hard in Dolby Atmos.
The Blu-Ray disc is currently available exclusively from the band's online shop.

(y) :) (n)

EmpireCentralBluRay-EmpireCentral_2048x (1).jpeg

Snarky BD 1.jpg
Snarky BD 2.jpg

The Dolby Atmos mix is also available to stream on all Dolby Atmos streaming providers:

Pre-release thread for all shipping/ordering queries and non-poll related posts:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...entral-atmos-blu-ray.34668/page-2#post-716542

This is a 10 for me. I liked this from the moment I heard it on streaming and enjoy it just as much now that I own it.

This is my first Snarky Puppy album, so I donā€™t have prior albums to compare it to.

I wish I had some brilliant insight into why this is so good, but I simply like it and canā€™t find anything to criticize about it. Itā€™s nice that itā€™s not just the music... you get the video of them playing it.

Plus, itā€™s a disc that doesnā€™t come in a big box and require an outlay of cash for things I donā€™t want.

Edit: Using the description @mrcond came up with below.

Brilliant musicianship, funky grooves and ever-changing time signatures to keep things interesting.

Yeah... that works. Thanks.

Last edited:
According to the credits, there are 19 musicians on this. The Atmos mix on this is unlike anything I've ever heard before. Everyone, including the band and the audience are wearing headphones. Apparently there are no speakers in the room, so this is like a studio recording with a live audience. All of those 19 musicians are spread around the room beautifully. It almost sounds like this was specifically recorded for Atmos. The fidelity is impeccable, the Atmos mix is spread around perfectly, and the music somewhat reminds me of The Brecker Brothers, which makes it even better.

For a live concert in Atmos, I think this is in the running for best thing ever.

Last edited:
For those who own this, does it also come with a separate 5.1 mix? I don't have Atmos capability, and while I know that the Atmos mix will "downmix" to 5.1, I was wondering if there is a DTS-HD (or similar) option for listening. Thanks for any info!

For those who own this, does it also come with a separate 5.1 mix? I don't have Atmos capability, and while I know that the Atmos mix will "downmix" to 5.1, I was wondering if there is a DTS-HD (or similar) option for listening. Thanks for any info!
The audio menu only offers Atmos or Stereo. No separate 5.1 mix.

Just picked up a copy and I only have a 5.1 set up. The Atmos mix folds down beautifully into 5.1. Loving this!!

Latest posts

Back