Some CD-4 LPs on Jauce Auction site going for high price...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbillquad

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
New Zealand . Hobsonville Rd. West Harbour
Hi. All

Just wanted to show a CD-4 lp Rock Joint Sitar ~ Suite "Silk Road" 1973 / 4ch / RCA R4J7019
I have not seen before it`s on... JAUCE Auction site... You might gasp at the price it`s going for -250,000 yen. That's about $1,706.00 US.

( check bost )

i-img1198x898-1693027520ymdwci99939.jpg

And CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL LP Victor CD4W-7113 and this one is going for -1700.00 Yen. That is about $116.00 US.
BBQ...

( check bost )

i-img1200x903-1693144348ncmsuk130410.jpg

Hi. All

Just wanted to show a CD-4 lp Rock Joint Sitar ~ Suite "Silk Road" 1973 / 4ch / RCA R4J7019
I have not seen before it`s on... JAUCE Auction site... You might gasp at the price it`s going for -250,000 yen. That's about $1,706.00 US.

( check bost )

View attachment 95611

And CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL LP Victor CD4W-7113 and this one is going for -1700.00 Yen. That is about $116.00 US.
BBQ...

( check bost )

View attachment 95612
Wow! Now that CCR would be an awesome release by the DV folks. Popular still. Anyone know what major conglomerate the Fantasy record labels now fall under?

I can't imagine Concord would be interested in releasing anything classic rock these days. Aren't they pretty much all Indy artists, jazz, Americana, etc? (But if they want a nice little influx of cash, they would. 🙂)
they're one of the biggest labels at this point, having acquired a number of other labels' catalogues over the years, so i hope in time they explore the Surround possibilities of these labels, including Fantasy/Prestige/Milestone & Stax, there's a number of lovely old Quads under those imprints that have never been reissued on a modern format 🤞

Those two Rock Joint albums are the brainchild of HIromasa Suzuki (who also has another quad release, Skip Step Colgen in 1977 as part of the Toshiba Japan Pro-Use series) and they're great, both sonically and musically. They were recorded on 35mm magnetic film, like the early Enoch Light albums, and the Mercury Living Presence classical albums of the late '50s onward, both of which are renowned for their sound quality. I haven't heard the quad mix of Rock Joint Cither, but the quad mix of Rock Joint Biwa is excellent, and it has some of the best-recorded low frequency extension I've ever heard on an acoustic bass.

I suggested to Mike Dutton a while back that if he wanted to expand the scope of D-V's quad offering beyond the realm of what's in the US vaults of the major labels that he look into doing the two Rock Joint albums (along with some of those Pro-Use quad mixes like Jun Fukamachi) and you have to feel like the fact that the original quad LPs are selling for thousands (and that the stereo LPs aren't cheap either) would bode well for the success of a SACD reissue of the pair.

Would absolutely love this title as a D-V SACD Dave. Every time I see one for sale it's in the thousands (and that ain't gonna happen.)

Maybe someone representing D-V or @steelydave could make a Poll thread to register the level of interest for this title; to perhaps give MJD incentive to go after it.

All I know is that this is some really cool Jazz, that I'd love to have in Quad. Even on a YouTube stereo version you can imagine the mix to the rears. If it was a matrix (i.e. QS) it could potentially be decoded (Surround Master) live from YouTube and sound pretty good (it probably does anyway); but alas, it is a "Discrete" CD-4 :)

here's a sample-

Back