Dual Disc Sony strike again

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
If you go and look at http://sonybmg.com/dualdisc/releases.html
you'll see the last multichannel release from SonyBMG on DualDisc was september.

Seems they are all now "enhanced" stereo (since when was 48K 16 bit enhanced or superior?) with no multichannel content at all - and they expect £15 to £20 a copy for this?

Just a taster of what to expect from any HD format IMHO - nothing.

Tha's why it is so hard to update the DualDisc section. No new releases, really, with DD5.1 tracks.:(

I have nothing good to say about Sony; having said that (!), there are no less than three MC SACD releases from Sony in December...

Perhaps they see DualDisc as the DVD videos offering and SACD as another product to milk some additional money out of fans...?

Maybe Sony/BMG is looking at some "local" market?
Ramazzotti has been released in october, Morandi and Celentano in november, all three dualdisc dolby digital (and dts on Ramazzotti), all three multichannel and all three from sony/bmg.
Anyone in France or Germany can shed a light on local releases of french and german artist?

timbre4 said:
Perhaps they see DualDisc as the DVD videos offering and SACD as another product to milk some additional money out of fans...?

I sure hope to get milked by Sony frequently in the future, so let the milking begin.

Where's the classic Dylan, Springsteen, Aerosmith, Simon&Garfunkle? Sony's got so much great back-catalog music that I'd love to hear in any high-res surround format as long as it was mixed and mastered well. I don't care about a new Jamie Foxx Dualdisc or a new Duran Duran SACD. :mad:

bmoura said:
You can visit the Sony Music Store or Elusive Disc to pre-order the 5 Sony Music Hybrid Surround Sound SACDs due out in December and January. See http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=19405607 for details.

I'm looking forward to hearing these in Hi Rez SACD Surround Sound.

Brian,

Have you heard anything that might indicate that these 5 are the start of a new "season" for SACD from Sony???

JonUrban said:
Brian,

Have you heard anything that might indicate that these 5 are the start of a new "season" for SACD from Sony???

There has been talk about more non-Classical SACDs from Sony. More than likely these would be from the 5.1 mixes done for Dual Discs released in 5.1 Dolby Digital I'd guess.

I think the real test will be how well the new ones in December and January sell.

Back