Splitting AC3/FLAC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samBAKER

Hi all,

My first post here, been looking at a few threads and has been useful but hasn't solved my problem just yet.

I have 2 different files, I have this album as multiple FLAC files, which I wish to split into each individual channel (so that I can import it into Final Cut as it doesn't support AC3/FLAC anymore, I also want the splits so I can have the option of playing it in Logic with video), I also have the album as one big AC3 file.

I'm not completely confident that these files are legitimate 5.1 as well, but I was wondering if someone can give me a hand splitting them up, any software recommendations etc. I've been scouring through Google, maybe I'm missing a trick here.

Hope you can help!
Cheers everyone
Sam

probably most simple way would be to convert those files to .wav (foobar2000 comes to mind)
and then just open them in Adobe Audition.
from AA the tracks can be saved to HDD as a multiple mono and then do with them anything you want.

probably most simple way would be to convert those files to .wav (foobar2000 comes to mind)
and then just open them in Adobe Audition.
from AA the tracks can be saved to HDD as a multiple mono and then do with them anything you want.

Thanks so much for the help, I appreciate it, but the only thing is I'm on a Mac, and foobar2000 isn't available on Mac, I looked before for a wav converter (that doesn't loose it's 5.1) for mac and I couldn't seem to find one :(

As for Adobe Audition, is there any less-heavy applications that'll do the same thing? If not, do you know how to split the file into multiple mono's?

Again, thanks so much for helping out

Asking on SurroundByUs should get you some solid Mac assistance. I know Zeerround has done a ton of work in order to figure out what will and won't work on one.

Thanks so much for the help, I appreciate it, but the only thing is I'm on a Mac, and foobar2000 isn't available on Mac, I looked before for a wav converter (that doesn't loose it's 5.1) for mac and I couldn't seem to find one :(

As for Adobe Audition, is there any less-heavy applications that'll do the same thing? If not, do you know how to split the file into multiple mono's?

Again, thanks so much for helping out

i thought there are version of foobar for Mac too, but seems didn't.
sorry i don't know much about appz for this system.

i do have 2 small appz for 5.1 file breaking into 6 mono tracks, TranzGUI and WaveWizard,
but perhaps they wouldn't work on Mac. sorry again.

I've found quite a few PC ways of doing it, but only have access to a Mac at the moment. I was wondering, I have a DVD vob file of all the audio mixed in 5.1, is there a way to just get the multiple channels of audio from this VOB file?

I've found quite a few PC ways of doing it, but only have access to a Mac at the moment. I was wondering, I have a DVD vob file of all the audio mixed in 5.1, is there a way to just get the multiple channels of audio from this VOB file?

With all due respect if you have a Mac you also have a PC. Use Parallels or a free program to run a virtual version of windows or install it to another partition. You can then Mux away in either environment with whatever software floats your boat. If you are afraid of borking your boot, install it virtually. There are free virtualization programs as well as virtual images that I believe are free to use (not totally sure about that tho). I think Onlive also has some kind of windows streaming service whereby you don't have to install a thing. Just a few options for you...
While on the subject of AC3s I have a bunch of AC3s of music I got from somewhere and I can find not a thing to recognize them. Will the AudioMux thing work to make them wavs or flacs or can I change the extension on them like .dts and just change the extension to .wav? Not to get too far off topic...I'd love to hear a few of these songs.

With all due respect if you have a Mac you also have a PC. Use Parallels or a free program to run a virtual version of windows or install it to another partition. You can then Mux away in either environment with whatever software floats your boat. If you are afraid of borking your boot, install it virtually. There are free virtualization programs as well as virtual images that I believe are free to use (not totally sure about that tho). I think Onlive also has some kind of windows streaming service whereby you don't have to install a thing. Just a few options for you...
While on the subject of AC3s I have a bunch of AC3s of music I got from somewhere and I can find not a thing to recognize them. Will the AudioMux thing work to make them wavs or flacs or can I change the extension on them like .dts and just change the extension to .wav? Not to get too far off topic...I'd love to hear a few of these songs.

Audiomuxer can do lots - including:

• Extract audio (Including Dolby Digital) from DVD-Video
  • Convert AC3 files (dullby) to Flac or WAV

Back