SQ2QS Audition 2.0

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucanu

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Cabras, Sardinia, Italy, Europe, World, Solar syst
Hi there,

listening to records in my 7001 in SQ I was wondering why its Vario-Matrix circuits won't decode SQ as good as it does with QS, and my answer was that Sansui didn't implement a "center channel extractor" that works with 90° and 270° of phase shifting (only 0° and 180° for QS).

So, some information still remains in decoding making it half-logic.

I thought "What it would be if those SQ recording where in QS? and how would it sound like?"

(not the exact words, except for some &£%&&!! )

Playing with Audition 2.0 I made a .ses file that will be able to transcode SQ in QS (or DPLII).

I did some tests and the results are very good to my hears (better separation).

You need a pc with AA2.0 hooked with a receiver/decoder set in QS or DPLII to play your SQ samples.
Just put the sample into the 1st track and press play.

n.b. this file is for who, like me, is without a good SQ decoder but have the best QS decoder ever made.

This is the file. :banana:

Last edited:
Ok, playing along with scripts and session files I'm becoming an expert....maybe not...

BTW, I thought to implement SQ2QS + QS live decoding session to decode SQ recordings the fastest way comes in my mind.

So,

1 you have to open your SQ sample with SQ2QS
2 go to file and select export
3 save it as "master" output with the name you prefer (I leave it default).
4 open QS live decoding session
5 insert the wave you saved before in "front qs" and "rear qs"
6 go to multichannel (CTRL+E)
7 export a decoded sq file the way you think it's better.

For those who missed the session files you can find "sq2qs" and "qs live decoding" here in the next zip file.

p.s. They're better versions of the old ones

Last edited:
Back