Dual Disc Take The Survey!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Deering

Since 2002/2003
Sony has a survey up about DualDisc that asks what features you like and dislike. It also asks a lot about the importance of Multi-channel and what features you may want to see later (HIGH REZ PEOPLE!!!). Do your part and fill it out!!!

http://sonybmg.com/dualdisc/releases.html

Thanks Kris. Good link.

All members should respond and take this poll. Tell 'em what you think. Ask for HiRez surround.

Jeez, high resolution is not even one of the "important reasons" they list for wanting to buy the disc...

:(

And why do they keep harping on the "curved" CD case? Do they really think that is a selling point? Who the frig cares about the case?

Got part way into the survey and it failed to display correctly using Firefox. The Please rate each of these features of DualDisc in terms of their importance to you section just comes up blank. Sony too cheap to hire a web developer that knows anything other than IE?

I did it over using IE, and at the end it kept attempting to erase my input of info for entering the contest. I had to press the escape a few times to keep it from reloading the page. Someone fire that guy! Where's The Donald when you need him?

Last edited:
Cai Campbell said:
And why do they keep harping on the "curved" CD case? Do they really think that is a selling point? Who the frig cares about the case?
Well, it sure beats the other style of packaging they use for AC/DC's Back In Black.

Would you recommend the DualDisc to your friends/relatives?
Yes
No Why not?

I worite in No: inferior to SACD quality

Yeah, they really were harping on the damn rounded jewel box! Good grief!

axnyslie said:
Yes
No Why not?

Good point. But you have to remember that SA-CD is not permitted with Dualdisc. Good thing DVD-A isn't inferior!

narcopolo said:
Got part way into the survey and it failed to display correctly using Firefox. The Please rate each of these features of DualDisc in terms of their importance to you section just comes up blank. Sony too cheap to hire a web developer that knows anything other than IE?

I did it over using IE, and at the end it kept attempting to erase my input of info for entering the contest. I had to press the escape a few times to keep it from reloading the page. Someone fire that guy! Where's The Donald when you need him?

Huh? It seemed pretty straightforward to me... are you sure it was the technology that was to blame? You always seem to have trouble... :rolleyes:

axnyslie said:
Yes
No Why not?

Similar response here: I wrote No! DVD-A is better!

Cai Campbell said:
Huh? It seemed pretty straightforward to me... are you sure it was the technology that was to blame? You always seem to have trouble... :rolleyes:

I had the same problem with Firefox. I lazily just chose the "average" on them, rather than switching over to IE. Were they important questions?

Back