Tape out in Qvox mode

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConfusedCroat

Hey guys

After over a year of wanting to hear quad sound, I finally did it and bought something that does not deliver quad sound (lol)

It’s pretty hard to find a quad receiver in Croatia, but I did find a Realistic STA-77A with Quatrovox. And while I am acutely aware that qvox is NOT quad sound, the price was excellent, and it will be a fun way start to play around with before I find a real quad unit.

So now I have it, and getting ready to set it up. I am pretty concerned about the 22 wpc, and I have no clue how that’s going to drive 4 speakers. But this is fine, as I have active speakers that can take the front channels from “tape out” and then I’ll just connect the rear speakers to the normal rear amplified ports.

This seemed like an okay idea when I thought that qvox was just a hafler circuit that took out phase sounds and shoots them to the B speakers.

Then I spoke to a few people who have this receiver, all 3 of them told me that when they switch to Qvox mode the sound that comes out of the front channels also change from when just listening to stereo mode.

Now I don’t know what to think, since the front channels are also modified in qvox mode that means the normal “tape out” might be the source coming out before qvox modification. But it could also be the signal after the qvox has its affect in line level.

Wondering if anyone here has had any experience with qvox and knows whether or not “tape out” is just going to send out the source source signal without the qvox effect, or if when switched to “qvox mode” then “tape out” will send a qvox modified front channel signals but simply at line level.

Thank you in advance!

Back