Technics SA-8500X Quad Reciever

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tag

I bought a Technics Model Number SA-8500X Reciever at a Sale. I opened it Up & I see the trouble right away. The Tuning dial String was Broken I have an extra one about 1/4” shorter which should work. But no Radio sound just static in both channels. I do have extra circuit boards but which one of the Board’s is bad? It took me 4 day’s to clean out all the dirt with Q-Tips. Is it worth saving. There is NO in my state that repair’s Vintage Equipment. They all say trash it!! I know it is heavy I’m thinking close to 45 Pounds? And then I know there are at least 2 or 3 bulbs out also on top of Dial. I found reason the bulbs were out a Loose Wire causing them to burn out. Where do you find those bulbs? One bulb is the Station Indicator Bulb. I’ve never seen so much dirt in my Life ever. Must of been stored in a Garage for Years? I have the Sechmatic for it. What section is for the AM/FM Radio? I could go through my circuit boards if I knew which one is bad? I know the Heat Sink’s are for the Power Right?

Back