DTS-CD Terratec DTS Output To Yamaha DTS TSS-1 Computer Speakers

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GHalteman

I own a Terratec EWS88MT 24 bit soundcard with an RCA digital output. I just purchased the Yamaha TS-1 DTS/Dolby Digital Computer Speaker System. Apparently the digital output my soundcard passes will not allow the built in DTS decoder in the Yamaha amplifier/decoder to function. Has anyone had trouble with a soundcard (or this specific soundcard!) pass a DTS digital signal to a decoder? I remember Jon U. had a problem once that he mentioned. Anybody else use the Terratec card? The DTS signal is routed properly in Surrcode and Cool Edit Pro to the S/PDIF Output of the card.

Glenn,

This is the same problem I had when I tried the M-Audio card. I had to ditch the thing, sell it on eBay, even thought the manufacturer siad it did DTS. Once again, make sure all of your volume controls are maxed. If that board does anything to the signal, you are toast.

:-jon

The card itself sounds exceptional for 32 and 24 bit recording. It's just that the digital outputs won't pass the DTS signal. I'm indexing my DTS wavs in Cool Edit by opening the full DTS wav and all channels below it. I use them as a templete or guide to cut the wave files at the end of the frames.

Back