SPOTLIGHT The classical music general discussion thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone here ever heard this CD-4 quad LP? There's no date I can find in the images for it, but the stereo mix was first released on LP in 1970 in the UK (RCA Red Seal LSB 4009). That one was used by Yes as their intro music in the early 70s, famously heard on Yessongs.

https://www.discogs.com/release/178...eiji-Ozawa-Suite-From-The-Firebird-Petrouchka

NDItMTkzNi5qcGVn.jpeg

I had no idea until today that a surround version existed.

Last edited:
Another interesting DGG release [2 RBCDs/1 BD~A/V containing Video of the live concert and BD~A with Dolby Atmos]

Daniil Trifonov's latest album, BACH: The Art of Life, explores the scientific, emotional and spiritual dimensions of Johann Sebastian Bach's cosmos. This Deluxe Edition includes the album on 2 CDs, plus an exclusive Blu-ray Video/Audio disc recorded live at the legendary Berlin Philharmonie recital in 2021. "The star pianist plays this monumental keyboard work, wrote RBB Kultur after the recital, "and not a single wish is left unfulfilled by his interpretation." 8-panel Digipak.

81wxT2vrT7L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
What 2L release do people recommend to experience Atmos? I first came across 2L in Sound On Sound magazine, and they do seem like an interesting set-up: Mixing Atmos: Morten Lindberg
That's a great profile, and a clear & thorough explanation of LIndberg's philosophy of surround recording. @edisonbaggins and others have some 2L favorites; among mine are Tomba Sonora (2L-155), Fryd (2L-158), Lux (2L-150), Lyden av Arktis (2L-169), and Reflections (2L-125).

Last edited:
Back