This a a serious virus warning!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aquadad

400 Club - QQ All-Star
I haven’t verified this, but it is from a reliable source to me, AQUADAD
<O:p</O:p
<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="BACKGROUND: white; WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=white border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2.25pt; WIDTH: 100%; PADDING-TOP: 2.25pt" vAlign=top width="100%">Warning READ AS SOON AS POSSIBLEGet this sent around to your contacts ASAP...we don't need this spreading around.....
PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS:
You should be alert during the next days:
Do not open any message with an attached filed called "Invitation"
regardless of who sent it, It is a virus that opens an Olympic Torch which "burns" the whole hard disc C of your computer. This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list, that is why you should send this e-mail to all your contacts. It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it.
If you receive an email called "invitation", though sent by a friend,do
not open it and shut down your computer immediately.
This is the worst virus announced by CNN, it has been classified by
Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever.
This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus.
This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.
SEND THIS E-MAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW,
COPY THIS E-MAIL AND SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS
AND REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT TO THEM YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF U
S
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited:
Sorry Everybody,

I fell flat for this. I should have checked into it first. It seems to be a hoax virus alert that I received from a family member who also fell for it.

So anyway the warning now is that if you receive this warning, don't be alarmed by it. It's just some sicko's idea of a good time.

Aquadad

And it's a quite old hoax... i'm suprised it's still going around!

The old "torch your C drive" deal. Don't worry, many have fallen for that one.

On my big Win 7PC for audio/video, I do not have a printer hooked up so I will probably just disable the print spooler service. Heck, I don't have any kind of office except default Notepad & Wordpad, no games including default Windows games like solitaire has been uninstalled, no Discord type apps. It's really dedicated to audio video stuff.

The upstairs family PC is used for printing including WiFi printing for my wife's iPad or our phones. I'm still looking at to harden the PSS with out disabling it.

I've seen enough reports now that this one might be real? (There's an IT printer joke in here somewhere.) I see a lot of talk on forums with people busting Windows 11 for spoofing compatibility issues with fully compatible hardware to try to force new hardware sales. At first glance this smells of more of that.

Well, this is an old thread! Those are all supposed to be one liners in that original text but made to go over the head of anyone not tech savvy. If you were remotely tech savvy back then, every line is a loaded comment or joke.

Back