Tiny Desk Concerts

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonik Wiz

👂 500 MPH EARS 👂
QQ Supporter
I have randomly & occasionally run across NPR's Tiny Desk performances but never deep dived or knew much about it's history. I just checked & on QQ there's three pages worth of content pertaining to Tiny Desk. So I thought this (rather lengthy) article might be of interest:

https://apnews.com/article/tiny-desk-concert-npr-64c4e1c29d81eb0be389aebc2591d92e
It says there's about 1,100 TD performances so, wow, that's a lot of binge watching. I think best effort would be spent on checking all the references made here on the forum. I wonder if they have a YT channel with all complete?

I have been a fan of the Tiny Desk Concert series since the very beginning, ...some of them are fantastic!
The sound quality of the recordings surprised me and although every performance is not captured perfectly, I think overall they do a great job. The Alicia Keys one is very popular and very good but I'll post some of my favorites that may have flown under the radar:

The Avett Brothers
Bela Fleck, Edgar Meyer, Zakir Hussain
Dave Rawlings Machine and Gillian Welch
Pokey LaFarge
Raphael Saadiq
Spirit Family Reunion
St. Paul And The Broken Bones

Wet Leg is good if you aren't burned out from the debut LP.

Back