To Feel The Music: A Songwriter's Quest to Save High-Quality Audio (New book by Neil Young)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
From Billboard:

Neil Young has announced a new book chronicling his efforts to improve the quality of digital music. To Feel The Music: A Songwriter's Quest to Save High-Quality Audio was co-written by Young and Phil Baker and will be released Sept. 9. According to Young, the book will tell the story of the development of Pono, his short-lived portable digital media player, as well as the Neil Young Archives and Xstream, his high-resolution streaming platform.

"To Feel The Music is the story of my efforts to improve the quality of the audio that you hear," Young wrote in a statement. "It takes you through how the sound was and is compromised by the tech and record companies, and instead of improving over time like other technologies, it has become worse."

"The issue of improving audio quality has been one of the most important things we've been doing for decades, and something I focus on every day," he added. "We spent a year writing this, and I think you'll find it interesting and informative."

Back