"Tubular Bells Re Recording" SACD only -- or is it

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BiggerzBetter

From Tubular.net:
<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The Album will be called Tubular Bells, It will have new artwork(the same but clearer and calmer than the wonderful original) The CD version will include a free DVD featuring excerpts of the 5.1 mix, a video of the single, and all the information, pics, etc. <strong>The 5.1 will be available as a separate Super Audio DVD.</strong> The release will be on MAY 16th 2003.[/quote]
Emphasis added.

It's <em>probably</em> just a typo, but the quote does say Super Audio <strong>DVD</strong>. I'm guessing it meant to say Super Audio CD, but it does raise the issue of whether it really should have said DVD-Audio!

From Mike Oldfield's Web Site - the new stereo & 5.1 mix has been sent to Warner & he expects it to be released in May

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>the new stereo & 5.1 mix has been sent to Warner & he expects it to be released in May [/quote]

This would tend me to believe it will be DVD-A
0] Rob

Mike says he was rushed in the original recording and as a result it had many imperfections.

tubular.net/

I don't know of any Warner subsidiaries that would do SACD, so I would say DVD-Audio would be almost a sure bet!

Actually there are 8 SACDs from Warner Music's Hong Kong subsidiary to date.

>>I don't know of any Warner subsidiaries that would do SACD, so I would say DVD-Audio would be almost a sure bet!

Back